No Tags Found!

Uday Kodati

Hi,
Let me give you clear picture...of what human peception is..we never like our boss..because..he is in a commanding state and we ae at the obeying state...The first difference is that...
Everybody faces the same kind of problem..even I faced it..but when you become boss ...then you will say that your boss was right at that time ....because you will follow the same...
boss is not bad..unless he is like that nobody will listens to him...and for God sake never under estimate some one though he lacks some knowledge ...they might have excelled in some areas ..where you had never gone through...
try to learn from your seniors or boss..and executive in a better way when your turn comes and see the result...have some patience to learn things from the Boss/Seniors..there is no harm in it...
some times the Boss tries to check your patience...hang on with resistance..never burst out...there is lot learn in this world......WE ARE JUST LEARNERS...

From India, Srikakulam
Goswami.Ankur
Hi Om,
First of all I am sorry for being so late in replying.
Well, I think if someone has to report to an inefficient Boss, as per me it’s the best thing that can happen to someone. I hope this might be a shocking to few. Let me explain. I hope we know a term called DELIGATION OF WORK. If the boss is inefficient then he/ she going to delegate the entire work him his DR. So for the DR it is the best opportunity to increase his/ her learning curve. While doing once boss work one can be counted in his/ her bosses good books. So as per me it’s only a win-win situation. Though it have some challenges as well. One will have to work really hard. But focus on what you will get. People in management will know that it’s you who have done the job. So the opportunity to grow is also immense.
Regards,
Ankur

From India, New Delhi
Christinatala
Do anyone can help me on how to do a "training calendar" or any sample that i can refer too? and a sample of traning need analysis?
From Malaysia, Melaka
jatindr
Hi, Anyone can help me the model of detailed progress report and projections. Regards, Jay
From India, Ludhiana
OM_SANKALP
Thanks a lot Sunny, Uday & Ankur for your excellent comments and guiding me.

I do believe them (MDs) that is why I am here for last 6 months. It seems that my boss is also happy and taking my help in each assignment because his attitude towards me has been changed. But I am not sure it will be for how long. He is getting more assignment now a days and he needs my help to complete them. That may be a reason of his closeness towards me?

I am totally agree with Uday’s comment … WE ARE JUST LEARNERS...

But what new I’ll learn if there is no one to guide me and teach me. Yes off course I’ll be sharpening my existing skills for sure. As per my understanding if your boss wants to see you growing then only you can grow and he will be helping you out only if it is not going to affect his or her position and he is also getting benefited from your growth. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am little bit disagree with Ankur’s comments…

I am not the only DR for him, he is having two DRs. Another one is with him for last three years (in previous organization) and he belongs to his native place. They spend their entire day together. So it’s not a win-win situation for me. How will my MDs know that it’s me who has done the job? So the opportunity to grow is in doubt.

Anyway…I would like to say thanks to all the members here who has given/giving his views/comments and valuable suggestions to solve me trouble.

Best,
OM

From India, Madras
vidya_2004
It happens in almost all the organisation so here we r provided with many good ideas and will help the fresher for sure... thanks....
But i do believe in learning....if the boss is really let u do his work always then its good for your future prospect....as u have learnt so many things more than your job profile.....experiences really matter means practical knowledge. so u keep up with the work and then later on if the situation is still the same... start searching for the better job....
regards
vidya

From India, Pune
Muhammad Hanan
I have read almost all coments which are given in this section. All coments are same in all angles but one things which we have to considered is the boss is boss rather he is knowledgeable or not the only thing is he is boss and top management make him our superior so we have to obey. But when you feel some things wrongs which boss doing or acting some things wrong you can give him suggestions.
That will create good impression on the boss. And their are kinds of bosses
1- Rude
2- Hard
3- Sweet Knife
The first one is those who considered his juniors animal in that case you have to be Patient. They are not well behaved.
The second type is hard they are hard but they will teach you more that can't you imagine.
Third type are very dangerou you should have to be very careful.

These coments are my if with my words somebody not agree please write me email.

Muhammad Hanan
Account Supervisor

From Pakistan, Islamabad
Goswami.Ankur
Dear Om,

The org structure is defined in such a way that one will always have to compete with each other, however it should be a healthy competition. Om, when it comes to work what matter is punctuality and end to end closure. When an assignment is given, try to close it before time and exceed the expectation. What matter is reliability and approach to achieve the target.

Let me explain you with something that happened to me. Almost 8 months back my boss was changed and my new boss was with the working with HR- Recruitment and then moved to our department HR- Generalist. As expected he was a data driven person. During the initial days, I have to do hand holding with her and I took her through the process and procedure. On the other hand my previous boss used to believe in quality rather than numbers. This was a complete transformation, which was the demand at that time. I tried to convince my new boss and we had a debate, but nothing came out as I wanted. I simply given him some time to understand the game, but kept on doing what he asked for. 100% closure was his mantra and I gave him that only. Later on another chap was senior to my in terms of level joined the team and he was favorite of many. Certainly he became my bosses first choice and started listening to him. I knew the way they wanted to operate is not going to be that good. So after giving some time to them to think that I am with them, then I started doing things in 2 ways. One is the way they wanted me to operate and other is the way I wanted to operate and asked them to compare which is good in terms of effectiveness. Later on I started giving the jobs to her before he wanted me to finish it, which made me a reliable person and he now trusts me blindly. He knows now very well, when I ask for something, it has a genuine reason behind it. Recently my boss moved me to a new assignment and before my transfer he told me one thing “Boy, there are many issues in your new assignment and it’s only you who can sort it out”. And I think that’s call Trust.

As far as guidance is concerned, incase of any doubt just approach your boss. But make sure you do your homework first. As we are talking about an unskilled person here, so it’s quite sure that, he will not have any idea about what you’re talking. So you give him your idea, in terms of what you think will be best. But also mention that you are not much sure about it also. So either he will ask someone who knows it or will ask you to ask someone who knows it. At this moment, your PR skills will play a vital role. If you have some senior person (Manager) in good terms ask them. This will take care of two things. Firstly you’ll learn the work and secondly he will come to know that it’s you who is actually doing it for him. And my dear friend these kinds of things spread like fire in the jungle.

This is my thinking and I can be wrong as well.

From India, New Delhi
vadimts
When manager keeps people who are more skilled and more experienced than he is...
It is not bad really.
Do not say that Abraham Maslou was wrong. Try to recognize Mgr's real motivation and use it . Any person basically has positive intention coming from his previous experience
He is from homo sapiens. Uncover his needs and go on following selling skills scheme. Sell yorself keeping good price.

From Belarus, Minsk
sandeshp

Dear OM,
There are some decisions at Management Level which cant be challenged. Your Boss being your Reporting Manager has to be given due respect.
Your Boss may be having skills which your MD may be aware of.
But remember one thing that when you are reporting at the level of M.D,One has to be almost on his toes & work has to be done with due diligence.there is no margin for error. your reporting manager may have mastered this skills & you have to learn this.
Dont break the hierarachy at reporting levels or try to supercede your boss.Instaed try to help him & try to take more responsibility & make him dependant on you.Put more efforts in whatever work you do & your boss will realize your efforts whichin turn may help you to further your career.
This are my views.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.