VSSARODE

You should take it as blessing in disguise & understand your future career path if you are really brighter than your boss.It is only a matter of time & opportunity.
It is said that you always have choice to choose your company & not the Boss.
v.s.sarode

From India, Mumbai
OM_SANKALP
Thanks Ritu & V.S.,
Recently I have come to know that he has started bitching about me. And I have almost no chance to go to the MDs. I am not afraid of that as I know If I am right and good at my work, I should not be worried about thses things. But I do know if you keep repeating something which is wrong infront of somebody that will become "true" for him/her.
What should I do?
Best,
OM

From India, Madras
AYAZ MAHMOOD
I agree with Mr.Prashant and Siva, however let me further add that IMAGE is something very important that everybody needs to put focus on . The way you dress up, the way you behave, the way you show your gestures and the way you convey your message whether verbal or non-verbal, reflects your IMAGE to your bosses and colleagures. So, here we are that work hard in the right direction to communicate a well- desevered person to your MD and colleagues and your boss, you will have the winning shot on your side with the passage of time.
I hope that helps and this will be taken in the right sipirit. Please forgive if I have something wrong.
Rgds,
Ayaz

From Pakistan, Lahore
OM_SANKALP
Thanks Ayaj, I am 100% agreed what you said. Image is important for me too and I do try my level best to be up to the mark while communicating verbally and non-verbally.

What if my MDs are seating in another building and as I mentioned previously I have almost no chance to go to them, may be once in a month or two when they call.

I am having a better image within employees but I don’t thing that is going to solve my purpose.

My purpose to get acknowledged for whatever I do and get what I deserve.

I tried to communicate the same to the MDs indirectly but it seems if there business is running smoothly they are not worried about all these things.

I know this is a part of professional life and everyone will be facing almost same once or twice in his/her life.

I am seeking advice from them who has experienced this situation and has come-up with good results. How?

Best,
OM

From India, Madras
rtilavalli
Even in my case, I am reporting person who has half of experience and 2 years younger than me.
Management gives much importance to him because he joined when company started 5 years ago, Technical credibility is zero, he simply bluffs, take advantge of ethics, he uses commond and control technique to handle team. His boss doesnt care and they have mutual understanding
Please give few suggestions, how to cope up with this type of situation.
Tanvi

From India, Pune
sivapaparao
Hi Om,

Thanks for reading my views and giving feedback. I have been reading the views and i would beg to differ with some of the opinions over here.

1. I think there are a lot of multi millionaires without formal degrees who are running their organizations and providing employment to a lot of very highly educated individuals. So i would rather respect talent as well as education and the former if i have to make a choice unless if is a very special skill, which can be gained only with education.

2. If there are people in organizations, who grew up with buttering at the managerial level, and cant do anything else (like getting the work done), then the companies should have shut down, while i dont think that is happening in too many companies and in this economic meltdown, i think a lot of industries employing graduates from harvard are also going down.

Now coming to the point of how to take credit for what you are doing,

-First learn your manager's leadership style.
- Search for options to make him listen to you
-Then talk to him in that manner and get him to take you to meetings with MDs
- Start giving presentations as you have been saying that your Manager is not technically strong
- Handover the presentation to your boss in between or let your boss answer a question regarding the presentation (diplomatically)
- Ideally your boss should not be able to answer that question, if he is not technically sound
- If he is able to answer the question, then your perception is wrong
- If he is able to diplomatically divert the discussion back to you, then he is not dumb and that is the very skill you might want to learn as you might also require that kind of help from your team members sometime in future.
- Remember before you go into the meeting, send the presentation to your boss for his reference.
- If he calls you and asks you to explain the presentation, it means he is willing to learn and is preparing before hand for the presentation in case of any cross questioning
- This would mean that he is smart to know what is in store and anticipate the possible questions.

-HE may be very good at the first tow points i mentioned and that is why he is more successful.

Please do let me know your views on the same.

Again this is my opinion and i stand corrected if i am wrong.

From India, Mumbai
j_mrudula
Hi!
This is really a great opportunity for you if you takes this positively.
You have a chance to prove your skills and standard.
Keep patience management is not blind today or tomorrow they will understand you can not play hide and seek for more time.. truth will get open like a magic.
Do hardwork and prove yourself. believe in yourself

OM_SANKALP
Dear Siva sir,

What a coincidence? Today after lunch my so called boss was to submit a manpower requirement related to a new job/client to MDs which is schedule to start next week. He asked me to prepare and send the same to him before lunch. I did so and sent it before lunch. Then he called me to explain the same. I explained and put a request if you need my help I can come with you to explain in detail, but he refused saying no, no I’ll manage myself.

It is not the first time, he applies the same trick every time and get the report done from me and other and add something and send the same to management and get appreciated. He does not give a chance to anybody to go to MDs.

They also visit out premises rarely. Whatever is communicated by him is the only source for them. But I am sure they must be knowing each and everybody’s skills and capabilities as they only took the final interview of each employee including me.

I do believe them and doing my job with 100% dedication, let’s see what happens at the time of appraisal. We’ll complete one year in next March.

Best,
OM

From India, Madras
Rekha

it generally happens in the organisation. we have to obey the management's decision. After all, management has given due consideration for appointing this person for xyz position. We can not choose our bosses but we have to change ourself. Change is not, getting dominated by anyone but rather having the courage to say yes or no at the right place and at the right time and not driven by the orders (not justified) given by this xyz boss.
If the job/orders given by him is not logical, give a justification for not doing it or suggesting an alternative. Stand by your own principles. If something is not going correct, then it becomes the right of the employees concerned to raise the issues at the right time before the senior management team, but should have all the logicial and justified reasons behind every point.
company runs only when it runs on the true path, false roads always lead to shutting down the company.

From India, Delhi
sunnytho
Hi OM,
As a member, let me clear my points.. Your case will be handled depend up on the organisation and level of TOP Management ( MD) and others.. May be their is some game play is their.. otherwise, management could not recognise your skills. Dont worry. be patient and report to that person. then wait and see.. if you are "Skilled", gradualy he will come to your way and one nice working environment will be created their. All the best..
Thanks
Sunny
Mgmt Consultant..
Delhi.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.