No Tags Found!

Anonymous
My wife is employed in a prominent school in India and has been employed for the last three years. Alomg with her salary, she is receiving a Dearness Allowance from the state government on a quarterly basis. The school is deducting a certain amount as P.F. deduction from the dearness allowance, but the same is not been deposited as per the records with the P.F. authorities. My query :

1. Is it legal to deduct P.F. from Dearness Allowance paid by the state government by the school authorities?

2. Since the P.F. being deducted is not being deposited, what recourse can a employee seek to address this anamoly.

3. Who is liable to pay the loss of interest being incurred by the employee for the non payment or late payment of the P.F. amount.

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

Which kind of school is it? The management pays salary and once in three years the Government will pay dearness allowance?? Are you sure that it is not a government school nor a government aided school? Then who is paying the salary every month and is it paid without deduction of PF?

Whatever is paid by the government should be after deduction of PF, Income Tax etc and the management need not deduct anything before paying it to the employees.

If you are sure that it is the PF that is deducted by the management and is not deposited in time, then you can raise it before the appropriate authority. In case there is non payment or delayed payment the employee will not lose anything and he will get interest as if it was paid but it will be the employer/ management of the school who will have to bear the interest and damages.

I am not even clear if it is PF as per Employees Provident Fund and Misc. Provisions Act or some government Provident Fund.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.