No Tags Found!

animeshmark
Hi deepali,
i too agree about the selection part (pahsing out bulk indents with the psychology templates) but what about sourcing techniques -- say placing an advertisements for a niche profile, where you find it tough to have closures and have deviations in TAT. few metrics are defined as per rule of marketing. dont get into selection part only. for gettin candidate on the board "recruitment" is the front liner - which means inviting potential candidates for selection on the basis of rejection.
read my earlier submits.
animesh

animeshmark
Hi deepali,
i too agree about the selection part (pahsing out bulk indents with the help of psychology templates) but what about sourcing techniques -- say placing an advertisements for a niche profile, where you find it tough to have closures and have deviations in TAT. few metrics are defined as per rule of marketing. dont get into selection part only. for gettin candidate on the board "recruitment" is the front liner - which means inviting potential candidates for selection on the basis of rejection. so some kind of selling deliverables comes into action. what about BPOs where insourcing is done for recruitment (coz attritions are high) business heads have carte blanche' to recruit, they juss slog to meet recruitment as sales target, which puts more quantity & poor quality.
read my earlier submits.
animesh

Deepali Singh

HI ANIMESH,
YA DATS RIGHT, if u luk wht i said is dat recruitment does involve sales bt very less as compared to hr. Bpo's do hv high attrition rate bt i think dat is many times b'coz of poor hr policies dat are attached to dis sector. i think dere is a lot of improvement needed in hrd in dis particular sector . if proper tests are devised to check in for a candidate's stability and skills it cud lead to decrease in attrition rate. Ya dat is rite dat dere is bulk recruitment in call centers bt den sooner or later much of filtering is done n den it is included under attrition. wht do u say?
dips

From India, Delhi
animeshmark
Hi deepali,
i dont agree that attrition leads to filtering, by certifying those who have expertise and flair for this unlucarative job. if you make business and grade wise split for resignation analysis. u"ll see that BPOs have very short career. with attributes like "home has become a hotel" / its good to work with call center if you are sitting ideal.
so if you look through the fish bone grid attrition is a major concern but still uncontrollable one. BPOs now silverstriking on retention policy more than time shelling for recruitment.
where things like resignation analysis, staybility analysis, and reduce TAT is prima facie
isnt it deepali....
by the ways are you working or in studentship?
animesh

Deepali Singh

hello animesh,
i didn't say attrition leads to filtering, bt its smwhere vice-versa. bt den cmin to d topic every aspect of recruitment right from manpower planning to final induction involves hr . isn't dat.
well, animesh i hv completed my mba just 15 dayz back n waiting for d results. i hv worked with a consultancy for 3 months n now i m workin in a bpo as an hR exec. wht abt u. i wud like u to kindly go thru the HOPE TO HEAR in mgmt community forum index dat i hv posted today n give me a suggestion for the same.
dips

From India, Delhi
Deepali Singh

hi ekta, exactly, recruitment and selection is a core function of hrd, and it has least to do with sales. well ekta can u plz tell me abt urself to hv a better view. dips
From India, Delhi
adititiwari
Thanks All!
For taking out time to express your opinion.
I agree that Recruitment is a core HR activity but as Animesh said it does get mixed up with a bit of sales sometime and this is where the whole discussion started.
Thanks again...
Aditi

From India, Gurgaon
scare_crow

hie aditi
recuritments is not sales, bcz sales is all about client generation(account) & recuritment is clientservicing....more of operations...it relates to sales in only one way i.e. TARGETS....WHAT SAY???
regards
vishal

From India, Mumbai
Ajmal Mirza

Lots of discussion going on here.....

Well I say that a sales person can do HR work more efficiently as they already have experience of dealing with people [clients] and get work [order] out of them..

At the same time, they are much more comfortable with deadlines [targets / delivery / collections] and can work under extreme stress. [See a sales person converting a lost client, and you will know what stress they face]

They face lots of competition and retain their market share... It can be done for the retention of the employees...

Customer Relations can be converted to Employee Relations... Quite a number of similarities in a job... Just need to have a correct perception on the subject....

By the way... Vishal has quite good examples on perception

Will try to list out the job description of a Sales Professional and match it with HR Professional

Would make quite a good reading.... What say??

From India, Ahmadabad
Rajnish Borah

A part of recruitment, specially sourcing or soliciting prospective employees need certain sales trait such as ability to communicate effectively the opportunity, ability to generate an interest and spark in the individual for the open position and convince the candidate that the open position presents a better value for him and his career. As a HR/Recruitment person, when we speak to candidates on positions and the company, we do the HR bit of "selling" OR "presenting a value proposition".
In many countries, recruitement is part sales as well and it can encompass client and account management. Although recruitment is a HR activity, the person performing that role should have the necessary soft skills.
Is recruitment Sales or HR, as I understand, its a HR functional role that needs a few "sales" attributes.
my two bit.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.