zamarrud
I have an employee who have availed his PL out of which 0.77 is remaining. We have 20 leaves per calender year.
From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

How did the balance come to a fraction of half day? Normally PL is availed in days and even 1/2 day is not permitted. It is okay if you permit 1/2 day PL but I have never seen employees taking quarter day or hour based PL!!
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
maulik dave

@ Zamarrud,

Good Afternoon....!!!!!

I have seen your post. You may take that in to consideration as per your company leave policy & Industrial standards where you are working.

You Said "We have 20 leaves per calender year."

Situation : 1

I hope you are crediting Leaves in Employee account, monthly basis (20 Leaves / 12 months = 1.67 Leaves Per Month).

Answer For Situation : 1. If above procedure what you are doing then, at any point of time the employee may have 0.67 leaves in Balance. In some industries like IT, the Salary calculation is done on hourly basis. So It may possible that Leave's can be taken in consideration for Full Day Leave <1>, Half Day leave <0.5>, or Quarter Leave <0.25> or Quarter working <0.75 Leave>.

So you may adjust the 0.77 as per your standard. You may convert it in to Half day <0.5> or Quarter Working <0.75> Leave.

Situation : 2 If you are crediting all leave in starting of the calender year then it will be monitory loss to company.

Example: If employee joins on 1st Jan. You give 20 Leave to him/her. Due to any reason if employee resigns after six months (before end of calender year) & he/she has availed all 20 PLs then its a clear loss to company of (1.67 x 6 = 10.02) PL approx. (To PL = I consider paid leave).

Even, shops & establishment rule says ,

"Section 35: Leave [(1) (a) Subject to the provisions of clause (b), every employee who has been employed for not less than three months in any year, shall for every 60 days on which he has worked during the year be allowed leave, consecutive or otherwise, for a period of not more than five days."

So, law says leave should be credited to stipulated period of time employee has worked / served the organization. (On proportionate basis).

Now, decision is yours how you would like to give that 0.77 leave to your respective employee.

---- Best of Luck ----- & Do Well -----

From India, Ahmedabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.