No Tags Found!

Pramod Garg
Mr. Akhil,
My friend was employed with a Logistics company in Mumbai and he has been denied to claim the PF contribution by the Employer as he has left the Job before completing 6 Months.
And when he spoke to HR she said that you have not completed 3 months in the employment so you are not eligible for Employer contribution to PF.
Is it the right practice or my friend shall file a complain against the company in the PF Office?
Please advice.
Thanks

From India, New Delhi
Pramod Garg
Mr. Thiru,
whats wrong?
why you are stopping us to discuss?
I think we are here to discuss the things and doing the same.
Nothing wrong in that, and I think you should also contribute in the same.
That will be good for you as well.
Regards

From India, New Delhi
Akhil.Gupta

No issues Mr. Garg, Ask your friend to fill up the form 19 and get attested with any Gazetted officer or bank manager in which he is holding the bank account and submit the same to the PF office.
From India, Kota
Nidhin2468
Hello All,
The PF,ESI applies from the day one when he starts working and eligible fo bonus by working minimum 30 days.
Kindly try to resolve the issues,if any rather arguing on the same.
Best Regards,
Nidhin
HR Practitioner.

From Sweden, Örebro
arajeev30
All,

We are a small company - who got into PF recently for our employees (we exceeded 20 employees). We were clearly told that we have to deposit the employer's contribution into the employees PF account EVEN IF THE EMPLOYEE HAS WORKED FOR JUST ONE DAY, if he is on the rolls and we are paying the employee a salary for that one day. We had a case where an employee left us after a week, and our PF consultant suggested that we do not show this employee on our rolls and pay him for a week in cash; in case we did not want to go thru with all the paperwork (actually its now partially online) for this employee. Of course, we felt this was irregular, and went thru with all the formalities of PF for just one week of salary. The problem is not so much the small amount that needs to be paid into the account, as filing the PF returns correctly and in time. This is a bit tedious, and has to be done online. It doesn't matter if the employee is not confirmed and not eligible for leaves or bonus as per company rules, PF is from day one, and mandatory even for temps. And PF includes both employee and employer's contribution. There is no provision for the waiver of the employer's contribution. Even if we outsource some work at our office, it is our responsibility to ensure that the outsourcing vendor is paying PF for the work carried out at our premises by his employees.

Aside - let us all keep the language polite, professional and to the point. What I have shared above is based on my own experience, and I could be mistaken.

From India, Thana
sridharbarige
Hi Smriti,
Yes, as shared by Amit, a person if joined as an employee on permanent basis, he is eligible for PF from day1 and eligible for bonus if works for more than 30 days in a financial year.
Since you have no plan to hire a person on long term basis and visibility is only for 6 months, hire a person on contractual basis on a fixed lump-sum amount per month.
Regards,
Sridhar B G

From India, Bangalore
rpsthakur
PF is applicable up to Basic (+ DA) salary Rs. 6500/- p/month (if it's more than this then it's up to the employer to cover employee under PF or not)
Bonus is paid to an employee who has successfully completed 30 days in an organisation.
ESIC is applicable up to gross p/month salary of Rs. 15000/- and subject to applicability of the ESIC scheme in that area.
reg.
R P Singh

From India, Ambala
umeshhr88@gmail.com

Dear All,
how much time would it be taking to close a P.F, account if someone is not contributing to his account for a long period.Kindly mention the conditions due to which P.F account get closed ?
Regards
Umesh

From India, Gurgaon
multibang

Sub : Regarding ESI, PF & Bonus
Mr. Akhil Kumar has given a very correct reply regarding the norms of ESI, PF and Bonus applicable and this should put to rest all controversies.
I feel that Mr. Hitesh has been a bit harsh while commenting on Amit's wrong reply. This wrong reply could have been pointed out without using harsh words as this is seen by a large no. of browsers.
Regards,
S. Dass

From India, Bangalore
Jhajjar

Dear Hitesh, Mr. Amit is right on his part, if he has not reply after you answar, new guys may fallow your answar in future. it very serious matter. Regards, Devinder
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.