No Tags Found!

dhananjaydalvi5003
This is a really sorry situation, and HR who is the key to resolve such sensitive issue should come up with a solution where both the employee and the management are happy.
Wearing a magalsutra is a religious sentiment, now hurting employees sentiments means demotivating him. I am sure the day she was told about this, she must have lived in stress and I am 100% sure her performance graph must have started to dip.
If I am not wrong even the labour law says that no action should be taken which would hurt religious sentiments of any employee and also affecting her married life.
So no organsiaiton can force its employees to do which would hurt his/her religious sentiments. Its should be the employees Free will whether to follow the ritual nor not.

From India, Mumbai
sheetalsehgal

Being a Front liner for any industry one has to understand that Grooming regulations need to be adhered.
With due respect to every one's feelings one has to understand that you have to dress up in a certain manner while performing your job responsibilities as a front face. She can carry it with her & wear it while off from job & take it off while in job. You just cant expect your employer to be too relaxed to dress in any fashion you want to while on duty as face of organisation.
Hr-wonder, I really wonder how far you have seen Kingfisher crew & checked their grooming n uniform, but I believe you have no rights to pass such comments on uniform & staff of any esteemed organization. Please give some respect to others & this will help you to attain it :)
Regards
Sheetal Sehgal

From India, New Delhi
dhananjaydalvi5003
As your sister is in a Catch 22 situation, then best soulution is to wear a designer magalsutra which are available in market ,which is a proper magalsutra but also dosent look like a magalsutra, it dose go with casual or corporate wear.
Her both the purpose is solved, neither the girls family sentiments are respected and the organsiaiton purpose is solved.

From India, Mumbai
dasp06

Lest Sudarshan's reply goes unnoticed, I second his opinion. This seems to be an apt solution to the problem we have in hand.
Good, short, crisp, and most importantly a thoughtful response, Sudarshan.
PD

From India, Delhi
rk7prakash
This is ridiculous HR Policy. I do not why our Indian companies are not respecting Values, Culture and Tradition. Can they able to say the same with others...Now Obama wants Indian System of Education....but we are falling into the useless system of Western....Better to resign and find out a good job...
From India, Pune
Anonymous

I am not commenting about the HR policies, but in Indian law, NO EMPLOYER ON INDIAN SOIL CAN RESTRICT ANY EMPLOYEE FROM WEARING THE MANAGALSUTRA OR APPLYING SINDOOR WHILE WITHIN THE TERRITORY OF INDIA.
There is no second opinion on this law. This is the law.

From India, Mumbai
sarita_thakur12345

i knw mangal sutra is important but there are ways she can tie on her wrist.
well what i fel she should talk to her husband on this
wht he feels take him in confidance.and you have to decide job or mangal sutra
i m marride girl i does wear mangal sutra in my neck but i tiedit in my hand.
u can do this
else its ur desicion
ok

From India, Panipat
nithya_hr

I Would like to share this information to you all :
Mangalsutra - In many Hindu wedding ceremonies, the groom gives the bride a gold pendant or necklace incorporating black beads or black string. This is called a mangal-sutra. It not only proclaims a woman's married state, it is believed by many to exercise a protective influence over the husband. That is, a wife's love and concern, as shown by her donning of the mangal-sutra, is magically helpful to the husband. This resembles the karwa-chauth celebration, in which a wife fasts and prays for her husband's welfare.

From India, Madras
sharmaharshal

Dear All,
I appriciate the quick feedback from you all. Everyone had given one or more valuable inputs in this. Your input are really helpful for me to come up with some solution....
"Broder views is always better to find a concrete solution...." thats what I think...
Once again thank you

From India, Mumbai
nithya_hr

Saritha.. My advise... do not wear mangal suthram in hand dear... there is meaning for every culture we follow.. Iam sorry if i hurt you... never play with mangal suthra. God bless you ..
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.