sonu_hr
Gratuity — Can any one tell me the formula for gratuity payment?

abhishekdas1980
Gratuity Formula is Last Basic Salary + DA earned / 26 * 15 * No of years worked The conditions are 1) Minimum of 5 years of service 2) The above formula is for monthly salary employees
From India, New Delhi
krnavneet_sinha
Also please note that the gratuity amount for CTC is calculated as :-
15/26*1 month basic salary = Annual gratuity to be deducted.
Whenever any employee is leaving the company after 5 yrs. of service or completed 5 yrs. in the company he is eligible for gratuity. ANy amount greater than Rs. 360000 is taxable.

From India, Delhi
Ashok Kumar Mishra

Broadly, the amount of Gratuity payable is 15 days wages for every year of service rendered.In terms of formula, as already mentioned by our friends, it is :
(Basic Pay+D.A)/26 * 15* length of service
In PSUs as well as in govt. service there is a ceiling on Gratuity payble which is 3.5 lacs. And the minimum eligibility is 5 years of service.
Ashok

From India, Bhubaneswar
NKTiwari

Grautity is payable to eligible candidates only(There must be five years of continuous services). The amount paid is fifteen days salary(last paid) for every completed years of service. IF the period is six or more month the nest year is taken for consideration. for ex. an employee whose wage is Rs. 3000 per month and he has worked for 10 years and 7month (of course haivng 5 years of continuous service) his gratuity amount will be
= (15/26)3000*11
I hope this is clear to you.
N.K.Tiwari

From United States, Cambridge
NALLARI
dear Ashok , As mentioned by you that 15 days of wages for every completed year is paid, can you tell me whether this 15 days of basic or gross please. Raj.

Ashok Kumar Mishra

Dear Raj,
The term "wages" has been defined under The Payment of Wages Act, 1972 in section 2(s) as all emoluments which are earned by an employee while on duty or on leave in accordance with the terms and conditions of his employment and which are payable to him in cash and includes dearness allowance but does not include any bonus, commission, HRA, overtime wages and any other allowance.
From the above definition laid down in the Act, you will find that Gratuity is not payble on Gross Pay because the wages under the Act has specifically excluded allowances which are an integral part of gross Pay.
Ashok

From India, Bhubaneswar
Ashok Kumar Mishra

Dear Raj,
To add to the long story and keeping focussed on your specific questions :
1) whether Gratuity is payable on basic : the reply is basic plus D.A.
2) whether Gratuity is payable on gross: the answer is again no for the reasons stated by me earlier.
I also find several informative postings on various aspects of this topic in cite HR. You may also go through and benefit from the same.
Ashok

From India, Bhubaneswar
Helen Raj

Formula for Gratuity payment is
Wage last drawn / 26 * 15 * No. of years of service completed.
Note:
1. Eligibility is completion of 5 years of service.
2. If a person worked for 5 years and 7 months (ie. half year or more) it should be taken as 6 years.
3. Gratuity payable to an employee shall not exceed Rs. 3,50,000/-
Helen

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.