No Tags Found!

joyjes
Hi there,
I have experienced this problem in the firm i mange and i fixed it as below.
Introduce biodesk or bioaccess systems at the door and base this attendance data for salary calculation. Extra time not included in this type of calculation unless specially being sanctioned. Everybody will come on time. Then again, we have to be liberal. A 20% are always tend to fail

From India, Thrissur
Sheryl Correa
all tacts are realy great , but i would suggest the one we try is keep a track of late comings and inform the indivaula dept head by end of every month by sending a e-mail, wherein he will take an epxlanaiton and ensure that they are in time next time ..
Also you can start with a penalty in minimum for late comers, that after three lates the fourth late will be at the cost of Rs. 50/- and so on , the staff whose attendance is punctual to be given a certificate of Punctuality and honoured and slo the name of late comers with the numbers they were late to be announced it really works
this is what my previous organisation use to follow and it was sucessful......we had done for the print outs too , that every paper found on the printer and not collected by individual was at the charge of Rs. 10/- and we were serious in collecting the same

From India, Mumbai
tanayan

the best way is if anyone is late for three days in a month...then deduct their 1 day salary against 3 days late.
then they will come on time......
if you deduct the 0.5 days against 3 days late...then they will stay same. and another option is if there HR dept is so straight, then u can do one thing that if they are late any day, that day will be counted as half day.

From India, Calcutta
jknhr

Normal Office timing including the spreadover is 8 and half hours.. in today's corporate world, its a regular phenomenon that people overstay beyond office hours. We HR are here to facilitate people than to punish them. Always remember, if you hold a stick and try to control people, you will only see the reverse effect which will subsequently lead to less productivity. Instead, you can implement this policy: irrespective of the time they come in (between 10-12) they should work for 8 and half hours... This has twin advantage, number one productivity will never get affected and number two employees will be happy and give their best since the company is giving them the advantage of flexi hours.. If employees still come late and leave early... calculate the number of working hours and convert it to percentage of work on every working day viz.. 60% or 70% or 95%. Once if it is converted to percentage, you can find out the number of working hours effectively utilised; After doing this exercise, you can deduct the salary ( fix limits after discussing with management) based on productive working hours. This was implemented in an organisation and they are quite successful after executing this strategy.
From India, Madras
kayjay

As HR Mgr, you must advise your top mgt that a company strictly adhering to a fixed working time is not a progressive organization. I like to suggest that you categorize the employees into different groups according to their job families. For e.g. those who work as receptionists, secretaries, customers, administrative staff and other frontliners whose outputs are more of the activity types have to comply with the official work times. However, for those who are doing R&D and other creative works, they shd not be restricted to a 9-5 or 10-7 type of work hours. Instead, their performance shd be determined by the production of quality outputs as per target time. For those who jobs fall in between such as sales and marketing, flexi-time can be an option.
From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
kolkataspacecircle
Hi
priysnky I think Patnaik's idea is a good one you can try it onces & see the result. I am working in Hotel industry that is the reason why it is more difficult for me to manage the time time of the employees as they for for late night every day.
Help me out if you can

From India, Calcutta
veena.pandit

Dear priyanki,
all above solutions r best, & Flexi time is appropriate one as per my point of view. It will permit employee to come late but time is fixed by there convenience & they have to follow that time because it is fixed by them , than there will not be any excuse for coming late & staying late. Thanks a lot for sharing this problem we also got some good polities.
Regards
Veena

From India, Ahmadabad
raghavendra_br

Dear Priyanki,
Staying late in office Daily is a very bad practice.
Please try to understand what they are doing in that extra 1 hr which they can not finish from the morning.
If they are staying for a valid reason then you have to work out for alternatives.
Otherwise please instruct the HODs to monitor them properly.
Regards,
Raghavendra B R

From India, Pune
abedeen7

Dear Priyanki,
We must know that organizations run on discipline under set of rules and regulation. So code of conduct is prepared to guide the employee’s behavior and actions and no employees is above the organization.
It is not accepted that employee come late at office because they stay late at office as a regular activity. You need to create professional environment which is beneficiary for employee and employer.
It's good to see that your employees are committed and stay late at office as HR you need to find the cause
- Are employees on tremendous work pressure which compile to stay late at office
- Just to spent time on internet and doing nothing
You need to address depending upon the circumstances.

From India, Bhubaneswar
sravankumarhr@manchukonda
we started a new system, we have planned to one day extra leave to employees who come regularly in time,instead of giving punishment to late comers.so many employees have started to come in time
kumar
h r

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.