View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

lavanya_april

Hi Preeth,
I do accept your opinion and herein i give my question. 8)
But at the same time, i believe, giving an objective type of question will not help in achieving the purpose of this quiz. Objective type questions will not help us much to know more about HR concepts.
Your comments on this is welcome. :D
What is job analysis? What methods are available to do it? Brief on them. :?:
Regards,
Lavanya.

From India, Madras
preetk

Hi Lavanya,
As I mentioned earlier, you can see the replies you have received for your question, for Job Analysis. No one will have time to reply such a brief answer, and and answer vague question.
I am not saying this to hurt you anyway. Your intention of people learn in depth on the topic is appreciable, but no one will show interested and answer in such long descriptive way. That is the reason I am telling everyone to post question which is necessarily objective type or where the answer can be short.
Hi all,
Any answers for Lavanya's question
Preet

From India, Bangalore
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Job Analysis - Identify & Determine Crtical Requirements of the Job. - Identify Relative Importance of these Duties for a Job. End Result of Job Analysis - Job Description.
From India, Coimbatore
lavanya_april

Hi Preeth,
I do get the point. But this question requires only little effort. Any way, I will keep this point in mind in the future. :D
Hi Peer,
You have given what is job analysis. Its short and cute and understandable.
But, can U gimme the different techniques used for doing the job analysis? :?:
Regards,
Lavanya.

From India, Madras
seema singh
Hi all,

Ans to Lavanya's question on Job Analysis (JA)-

As the name suggests, it is a process for finding the details about a particular job – what is involved in that (duties and requirements) and the relative importance of these duties.

The various aspects of Jobs that are analysed are: Duties and Tasks; Work Environment; Tools and Equipments; Relationships (with internal and external customers) and Requirements (typically minimum requirements of KSA’s needed to perform a job).

The emphasis is on the JOB rather than on PERSON as in Competency based approach to Job Requirements. The final outcome/result of JA is JD. The JA is then linked to other HR functions like selection, training, compensation and performance appraisal.

The data is collected and then judgment is made about it. The methods are various:

• Structured Questionnaires

• Observation

• Expert panels

• Open-ended questionnaires

• Supervisor’s interview

• Task inventories

• Incumbent interviews

• Incumbent work logs

• Check-lists

• Review of Job classification systems

All above are known to many of us and are mostly self-explanatory as the name suggest. The typical method is using a questionnaire.

The last one is sounding slightly unusual, so going a bit into that. There are various JOB CLASSIFICATION SYSTEMS, and some are-

Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO): A skill-based classification of occupations which are used as the Australian national standard for producing and analyzing labor force statistics, HRM, and the listing of job applicants and vacancies.

Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT): The U.S. Employment Service collects information from various sources to compile a dictionary of occupational definitions where jobs are assigned 5- or 6- digit codes which are then placed in different occupational groups. Latest edition of DOT was published in 1977, containing 2,100 definitions.

O*Net: The Occupational Information Network, gives you the changes to DOT reflecting latest research in the field of JA.

U.S. Standard Occupational classification System: This manual was created by BLS field economists which is available to public.

Thanks and bybye

:)

seema

From India, Lucknow
preetk

Hi Peer,
Great. Your answer is short and sweet. Everyone answers the questions this way, it will be comfortable to everyone and people will understand. If they need details they can refer the different HR sites to get to know about it, or else they can mail separately with the winner or any others.
Seema you are back with action. Well answered. Let us wait till 12 for Lavanya to announce the winner.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
lavanya_april

Hi Seema, Thats fantastic. Congrats! :D I think i can announce the winner or should I wait for some more time to get replies from others also who would like to give a try? :?: Regards, Lavanya.
From India, Madras
preetk

Hi Lavanya,
You can announce the winner. The time limit is upto 11.30 AM. If we didn't received more perfect answer, we need to wait till 12 PM or 2 PM to the max.
Kindly announce the winner.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
lavanya_april

Hi All,
Congrats to Peer and Seema for their brilliant efforts. :P
The winner is SEEMA as she took the pain to explain the techniques also.
Congrats again. :lol:
You can post your question.
Regards,
Lavanya.

From India, Madras
sanseli07

Job analysis provides important inputs to the recruiting function in two ways.
First, job analysis provides job specifications, the personal requirements deemed necessary to perform each job in an organization. This tells planners and recruiters exactly what skills, abilities, experience, and other physical characteristics will be needed for certain jobs.
Second, complete and accurate job descriptions are essential for the preparation of recruiting materials, which convey information to potential applicants about the nature of the job
Regards,
Sandeep

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.