swatianandhr

I have recently joined a new concern as an HR Manager. I came to know that the the employer doesn't give any leave i.e. CL, EL, PL.
The office remains open on gazetted holidays and if an employee is not present on such days, their salary is deducted.
Please advice how I can convince the employer to give holidays as well as CL, PL and EL?

From India, Delhi
jeevarathnam

Hi Swati Anand
Weekly off and National & festival holidays are mandatory as per the act. Apart from that EL is mandatory and CL/SL opetions are applicable WRT to the state. You have to educate the management and get the approvals

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

What type of company is yours?
Is it registered and under Shops and Establishment act or Factories act?
Leave is mandatory as per these acts and employer in default can be taken to task by concerned regulatory authorities.

From India, Pune
Anand Anil

Under shop and commercial Establishment Act some state governments do not provide leave as casual or sick. They only provide earned or privileged leave after a specifici period of serving an organisation e.g three months or minimum 60 days in 3 months.
However weekly off is considered under working hours. Please check the status under which your cmpany / establishment is registered.

From India, Chandigarh
swatianandhr

Dear Anil, This is a cinemas company, they have auditoriums.The employer is not providing any earned leaveas well as gazzested holidays. please advice how to convince.
From India, Delhi
yrshirke

Swati Anand , Pl info Labour comiissioner of the area .Ad our member had quoted National Holiday /Pl are mandatory . Regards
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.