No Tags Found!

Ms.George
Dear all,Please help me to overcome this situation...
One of our team is going through a bad situation..the situation is that in the team we have a General manager,Manager and 4 executives...The executives are having same voice that the manager is not strong enough to lead them...but the Manager is new to the company...Even the executives are not happy about the General Manager as well...But the GM and Manager are telling that that the executives are negative energy spreaders..their team should be shuffled..I am reporting to management..that's why they are raising this issue to me...I had a meeting with this entire team...and then the manager is telling that he is going to resign if the situation is like this..
I would like to solve this issue in a diplomatic manner,without harmig anyone as my each word can affect these people's career..
Thanks,
Anita

From India, Bangalore
dhanu27

I guess you might have done this..but if not then this can help you. Discuss/ consult the issue seperately with GM, manager & Executives and try to figure out exact problem they are facing while co-ordinating. See, they must be having there individual issues but as a mediator you have to identify the loop hole and fill the gap. Once you will get the reason accordingly you can plan the corrective action. You can also opt for some team building strategies.
All the best!!

From India, Pune
CRK.MBAHR@yahoo.com

Anita,
- Find out and analyze the exact problems of executives with managers
- Find out and analyze the exact problems of managers with executives
- Try to understand the attitudes and problems individually
- Conduct counseling
- Give each member a chance to build up a solution which doesn't break the relationships or spoils ones career
- Take complete feedback with solutions individually
- Analyze the whole task, problem, result out of counseling, solutions recommended by each individual
- Based on the report you prepared, discuss with the top management and derive a conclusion / decision
But remember, should manage sensitive issues very sensitive...
Good luck...
CRK

From India, Vijayawada
Ms.George
Thanks a lot for the reply..I already had the individual discussions with each of the team members from executive to GM..But the problem is each of them is blaming each other...Executives are complaining that their current managers are not guiding them properly and hence they want a new manager.And both the managers are having the opinion that their current team of executives are negative in thinking,esp.one of them..so they are also requesting to re-shuffle the team...
But if i present this matter to the management all these people will be affected and will be blacklisted in the eye's of the management..How to go about it?

From India, Bangalore
Arun Chopra

Anita,
As I see the situation/problem is heavily context effected & you might be having your constraints in putting more elaborate detail. You have a tricky situation, I suggest examine the official communication among all these people wrt the delegation of job, how clearly the work is delegated, are the objectives/KRAs SMART, do the executives put in their sincere best with aproblem solving approach or are they a part of the problem itself, how is the feedback provided and how is it received & reacted upon. Pl see the past performance records of all involved & dig their critical incidents from lateral peers in other departments. Pl seek proofs/mails/memos wher ever afact or allegation is categorically atated.
Pl look at them through the lenses of Johari's windows & Power-Politics at the work place. Pl feel free to seek supportive material for conceptual clearance shall you so desire at
Discovering Learning...
Arun Chopra

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.