dksharma9911
Hi I have resigned from my job after completing 4 years and 9 months. Can any one clarify whether i am eligible for Superannuation or not? At the time of joining Superannuation was included in my CTC.
Company is ready to give Gratuity but denied for Superannuation.
Pl provide the solution.
Regds,
Deepak

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Deepak,
There are two definitions of the word superannuation. The first definition is A monthly payment made to someone who is retired from work. The second definition is The act of discharging someone because of age (especially to cause someone to retire from service on a pension).
In simple words, the first definition can be described as pension and the second as retirement. Therefore, the question arises about your age. What is your age? Have you attained age of 58 years so as to claim superannuation benefits?
As far as CTC is concerned, why bother about it? At the time of recruitment, most of the candidates ask for their take-home salary. Company may fix any amount of gross salary or CTC and then make deduction as per their choice. Therefore, did you get your take-home salary as asked or not? Going further fuli form of CTC is Cost To Company. Therefore, why bother about what was the cost to your company? It was cost to them and not to you!
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.