No Tags Found!

The scenario is that I started my career with a company ABC and worked for 4 years and then the founders of the same company decided to create a new company XYZ and shifted me to that company without taking any resignation and offer letter from the new company, the only thing changed is that i was getting my salary from new company's account. Now after an year they decided to merge both the companies and now I am getting salary from the original company. when asked for gratuity they said that since there was an organisation change I am not eligible for gratuity, what can i do in this scenario. Are there any cases like this where I can get the reference to show that to my company?
From India, Gurugram


Please be informed that Gratuity is payable at the time of separation only ( after resignation) after completing 5 years of continuous service. So if you are continuing with the Employer, the question of Gratuity payment does not arise now. As you had worked for same group company and as the employer didn't took any resignation letter from you at the time of move xyz company Employer is liable to pay Gratuity at the time of separation.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.