No Tags Found!

I have a question. I want to understand that who can use Central Minimum Rate and who can use State Minimum Rate.
From India, Mumbai
Seasoned Ir Professional


The Minimum Wages Act grants power to both the Central and state governments to regulate, review and revise the rate of minimum wages payable to the employees employed in the scheduled employment under their respective jurisdiction. Accordingly, both state government and central government have authority to notify the wages. In some scheduled employment, the notifications by the Central as well as the state governments are also available. In respect of any scheduled employment, if the state government has not notified the minimum wages payable, the employers can take the rates notified by the central government. For Mines and mining activities the notification under the central sphere are available whereas for shops and commercial establishments which are exclusively state subjects, notifications will not be available at central. At the same time, you can find scheduled employment under both state and central. In such cases, you can take the one which will give better wages to the employees,
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.