Hi Team,

Is any one can Clarify me on Below Scenario.. One of our Employee Crossed 58 Years so we have stopped the PF Contribution and Given Exit Date.. But Later a Year Came to know that after 58years we can contribute to EPF and Not to EPS. So now We are paying PF to that Person But that one year Gap is still there.. How can i contribute to that Duration. Please guide

From India, undefined


After 58 years only Pension contribution cannot be continued and PF contribution can be continued. Now that you had given Exit date PF cannot be followed in the same PF number. PF can be paid to newly created PF number only. One year gap you can't do anything as exit date is already marked.

From India, Madras

It is true that after 58 years of age, an employee ceases to be a member of Pension Fund but if he is continuing in service, you should contribute to PF. You can also stop contributing to PF also provided you had exited the employee. He can be reemployed and on such reemployment, you need not contribute to EPF but you can treat him as "excluded' employee. An excluded employee means one who has withdrawn his PF accumulations or is getting PF Pension.

I don't think that you will be able assign a new PF number to the said employee. This is because his KYCs like telephone number and adhar will be linked to some other UAN and such you can not move further. It is fine if you do not pay any PF since his exit date.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.