Hi Afrin, I have joined a small firm in Bangalore in 2017. At the time of joining the company took my original certificates and didn't provide any proof of that. At that time am not aware of anything about proofs even after that I informed management that they didn't consider it. Due to some health issues I came out of the company also I was sitting without work. They promised me that they will provide clients in Bangalore itself. But continuously asked me to visit Noida whenever the project is there. Before joining I clearly told them that my family won't accept going to Noida. They said ok while joining. But later on they pressured me to visit there. I have wasted so much of time simply sitting in the office. I know that they won't provide any May 2019 i came to my hometown with health issues and my family didn't accept to join that company.

I tried to discuss this with the company through phone calls but I didn't get an appointment later on in 2020 Feb visited the office to discuss certificates they asked me to submit a laptop and pay rent. We have visited several times but there has been no response from management regarding certificates If I submit the laptop i don't have any proof for certificates which is the reason why I held the laptop. It's been almost 3 years now still the issue is going. Recently i contacted a lawyer he said i will talk to them and solve issue. But he has created a nuisance without going legally. He took almost 60000 from us saying different reasons that he would file a case. He showed us some wrong documents in which my company logo and seal there stating that the company will return my certificates on or before 6th of this month. After that lawyer's phone is switched off when we are trying to call him regarding certificates and we came to know that he is a fraud. How Can i proceed further. Please help me on that..

From India
Partner - Risk Management
Sr.manager - Hr&admin
Retired Government Servant/advocate
Dy Manager Hr


Hi, Repeated post. Sitting at your native place will not help you to resolve the issue. 3-4 years is pretty long time. you should visit your employer place and explain the situation and resolve it.
From India, Madras
Thank you, V.M.Lakshminarayanan We have visited several times they are demanding up to 3 lakhs Am not in a situation to pay that much money
From India

Demanding money for return of your original certificates amounts to extortion, a criminal offence. However, the posting suggests that your approach in resolving the issue has been too confused and disjointed.
From India, Kochi
Hello, if your reason is valid, you can send them through mail request 1st for couple of times and check your offer letter if you already joined with them and is there any law mention like if you not serve notice period you have to pay certain amount, if not there you can approach to the court with your medical documents and send a notice to the company, regarding your documents. find any good advocate in your location and udate to them as well.
From India, Hyderabad

From reading the Question of the problem and further reply given the subject is not clear. The person 'questioning should amend it in the original question of help by edit with date additional information. That will helpanyone reading the thread the latest situation from your question.
Now you have to prepare a chronological order of events.
1. Details of offer how you come to know of the offer for job.
2. Your application and documents subitted first
3. Offer letter for employment and conditions mentioned therein.
4. Does the offer letter shows the submitting original documents to the employer?
5. Date of filing joining report in the company.
6. Date of Submission of Original Documents - List of documents Original submitted with full details of Certficate Number Degree year of passing issued by University .
7. Name of the HR Executive or Manager who has collected the Originals.
8. Reason for your leaving the company- give clear details. No hanky panky details.
9. Copy of your ID Card and
10. Company's property in your possession. with full details. Collected from the Office Authority Name.
11. Here you have to give all the peoples Name and position with date.
Now find out which is the Industry- submit your complaint to the authority with copy to Labour Department.

From Saudi Arabia

Just visit respective labour office of the jurisdiction area of the company, if requires file an official complaint. This is the only one solution to resolve all your grievance as well as company (Returning on laptop etc..,)

As we had an experience in these kinds of issues and filed a complaint with labour department and issues got resolved in one week recently.

From India, Delhi

I am surprised you have waited for 5 years for this matter.
You should have filed a police compliant long back.

Do you have any proof that they have your documents?
Holding back a laptop as proof that they have your documents makes no sense, please clarify that point, In any case. I don't think the company values a laptop which is now 5 years old. They can in fact, file a theft case against you for holding on to their laptop.

Incidentally, have you tried getting duplicates of the certificates from the institutions you studied in?

From India, Mumbai

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server