HI, I Worked For An MNC Paint Company For 5 Years and I used company paint for self-purpose and sold it to dealers at a very less rate and I lost that money in cricket betting. Now I have resigned from my job company is saying that legal notice will be issued and I dont have a single rupee now to pay. Can anyone help how to come out of it and the amount is 33 lakhs?
From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Workplace Assessment And Training


Did you seriously expect the company not to take action against you for theft and dishonesty?

None of us here have a magic wand to wave and solve your problem. This is above our ability to solve for you.

If they only want monetary compensation, then I would think you need to count yourself lucky. The penalties could have been a lot more severe.

You will have to come to some sort of arrangement with the company, though I suspect your future job prospects and ability to earn money to clear the debt are going to be very difficult to say the least.

From Australia, Melbourne
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Ramesh,

By your own admission, you had been committing fraud and syphoning the company's money. You did not invest the syphoned funds wisely but lost them in betting. With empty hands, you are staring down the barrel of a gun.

So far what correspondence has taken place? Have you admitted to your misconduct? Have you given in writing about committing the misconduct?

For fraud of this magnitude, the company is expected to order a domestic enquiry. Your misconduct must be proved. It is incumbent on the company to prove the misconduct. The company reserves the right to initiate disciplinary action if it is proved in the enquiry that the misconduct has taken place.

If you wish to come out clean then negotiate with the company to reduce the amount. To pay the dues to the company, you may have to sell some ancestral property or immovable assets. The other option is to decline the offence. However, in such a case, the company may file a police complaint. Pending a complaint or FIR against you, getting a job will become difficult. Additionally, you will have to pass the time in a lot of tension.

Problems of this kind arise when the importance of ethical conduct is not imbibed into the mind. Therefore, whatever method you adopt to wriggle out of the current imbroglio, you need to learn Niti Shastra and your conduct should be according to the Niti Shlokas. Please differentiate Niti Shastra from this or that hymn in praise of God. I am not recommending chanting the hymns.


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server