No Tags Found!

if truck brings goods in my premises and if my labours unload that goods form the truck ( who are my daily wages labour) ,then am i bound to count the truck drive as my employee , and get my self registered for PF ..
( right now i am registered in PF)

pls tell me what do?

From India, Mysore
Partner - Risk Management
Management Consultancy


The transport contracts are 'Contract for service' and hence their PF coverage is not the liability of the Principal employer. The Transport Contractor is not paid wages but given a composite rate based on the quantum of work. Transport contractor himself may be covered under the PF Act 1952 if otherwise eligible.
From India, Mumbai

I will disagree with KK on the reasoning, though his final answer is correct.

Under contract labour laws, there is no distinction between contract for labour supply and contract for services. Even if someone is offering you a lumpsum or a piece rate contract, you are still liable to pay the PF and ESIC (or ensure it is paid by the contractor).

The only reason it does not apply to the driver of the vehicle is that he is not working in your premises. He is working outside. His presence in your premises is only incidental to the main activity.

The matter would be different if he was dedicated to your company, doing exclusively your work and in your premises for most of the work day on a regular basis. In such a case you may be liable (depends on the circumstances)

From India, Mumbai
Community Support on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.