Can employees be asked to provide employment details of family members working in government organization in India?

If the employee is working any Govt. organization, the answer is yes. If it is any Private organization, it may not be required.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531

USD HR Solutions – To Strive towards excellence with effort and integrity

From India, New Delhi
Certainly yes. Working in Govt Service is not a secret affair. At times an employee of a private organization may require a transfer to the place where his spouse is employed under Govt service. There are certain common fringe benefits like LTA available to both the spouses employed in private sector and Government departments and there can be conditional clauses prohibiting the availment of benefit from both ends.
Therefore, for the sake of collection of information, a private employer can require his employees to furnish the details of the employment of his/her family members even in Government service.

From India, Salem

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server