Some companies only use coaching when employees are performing up to the standard of the company. However, coaching should be used as a positive way to develop employees. Coaching can help to bridge the gap between Educational experience and work experience to get an employee acclimated with the employer’s expectations. An Employer that spends time coaching employees to help them improve will have more employees that are more loyal and engaged. Therefore coaching is always a continual process for all levels across the organisation.
What is Coaching:- coaching is a process that aims to improve performance and focuses on the 'here and now' rather than on the distant past or future. ... Coaching is unlocking a person's potential to maximize their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.
Why performance Coaching is required:- It helps in following areas of an employee’s performance and development;-
1. To identify and develop high potential Employees
2. To identify Organisational and individual strength and development opportunities
3. To motivate the individual employee and empower to excel and
4. Demonstrate organisational and individual commitments.
Benefits of coaching for an Individual employee:- There are six major benefits to an individual employee if he/ she uses this process effectively in their workplace----
1. Act towards achieving goals --- It gives the opportunity to an employee to define career goals in a realistic war and provide support to achieve them in the time schedule.
2. Increased level of Engagement:- This process is engaging coach and coachee directly. It is one-on-one feedback and lots of encouragement. It develops team spirit and trust among employer and employee.
3. Adequate Place to gain a bigger perspective: -During this process both discuss the sensitive issue of opportunities and growth perspective of the individual as well as organisational. It provides more in-depth learning and a higher level of comfort with the skill. Once the individual is comfortable with their skills, they can begin to use it in their growth and see the advantages they are gaining through this process.
4. Learning Opportunity:- It provides more opportunity for an individual to learn about themselves and find a way to improve their personality through various ways and means and focus on skill sets/ competencies.
5. Personal Awareness:- During the process an employee can focus on blind spots, personality traits, SWOT analysis etc. Personal awareness is an important confidence booster for any individual in Talent Development programmes and can help in future roles.
6. Supports in Improving specific soft skill:- This process having support for improving skill sets/ competencies can be extremely beneficial. These competencies include communication, delegation, trust, conflict management, team building, persuasion, the priority of work, time management, problem-solving, stress management and credibility and reliability etc.
In view of the above, it is recommended that Coaching can be helpful to develop a strong team to achieve higher performance in the organisation and manage talent for current need as well as a future need of the Organisation. It also helps to grow employees faster growth in their career.
From India, Delhi
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.