Is trade license and Shops and Establishment registration both necessary in Thane? - CiteHR
View Poll Results: Should we have both S&E Registration and Trade License Registration for one single shop?
Yes, as both have different roles 2 100.00%
No, just one should be enough as both are not applicable at all places in Maharashtra 0 0%
Can't Say, but should be same throughout Maharashtra 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
For a shop in Thane, do we need both Shops and Establishment Registration as well as Trade License Registration? Why do we need both? This is incorrect I feel. If we have one then the other should not be required.
Community Prime Sponsors - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA.
Dear friend,
I am afraid that your contention stems up from your loud thinking.
The purpose and scope of trade license and the license issued under the State Shops and Establishments Acts are entirely different through out India.
Trade license is issued by the Local Body Administration like Municipal Corporation, Municipality, Town and Village Panchayats etc., permitting a particular individual to start and run a particular business in a particular area or locality. Besides, this license is of different categories such as Industries license, Shop license and Food Establishments license.
The Maharashtra Shops and Establishments ( Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service ) Act,2017 is the first State Enactment on the Model Shops and Establishments Act,2016 introduced by the Central Government. This Act requires only those shops and establishments employing 10 and more no of employees to take up license under the Act.
Therefore, it is essential that one has to take up both the licenses if fulfilling the basic criterion.
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™