Friends, PFA notification dated 25.9.2019 making several amendments to Apprenticeship Rules.
- Rate of stipend will be ranging between Rs.5,000 p.m. to Rs.9,000 p.m. based on qualification with a provision of annual increase.
- It has been clarified that it will be obligatory to engage apprentices by establishments having 30 or more workers.
- Max. no. of apprentices increased from 10% of total strength to 15% of total strength subject to minimum 5% to be reserved for fresher apprentices and skill certificate holder apprentices.
- Period of apprenticeship training for optional trade shall be 6 months to 3 years.
- It has been clarified that apprentices will be only trainees and not labour. No labour law will apply to apprentices.
From India, Malappuram
One of my friend received letter from local Skill development authority that should engage compulsory apprentices band of 2.5% to 15% total strength otherwise need to face legal actions. if we are not in position to engage how to respond for that letter.
Pls through some lights on this. Thanks
If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.