All senior experts share your views with justification, if any on following Points.
Which Minimum Wages Act ( Haryana or Delhi) will be applicable for the employee who has been appointed in a firm registered in Faridabad, Haryana but deputed to work in other company registered in Delhi

From India, Delhi
Only place of work decides jurisdiction under Labor Jurisprudence. The creation of the concept of "Appropriate Government" under certain Central labor laws is to ensure simultaneous enforcement of such laws by both the Central and State Governments as Labor is a subject-matter in the Concurrent List of our Constitution. The Minimum Wages Act, 1948 is a Central Labor Legislation providing for appropriate Government for the purposes of the Act. Therefore, though the Company and the employee may have their origins in terms of registration and administration and appointment respectively in the State of Haryana but the place of work being Delhi, the minimum rates of wages fixed by the Delhi State Govt under the Minimum Wages Act,1948 would be applicable to the employee as long as he continues to work at Delhi.
From India, Salem
Thank you Mr. Umakantham.
What if employees was in Dekhi for 2 months where minimum wages is higher then he deputed to Haryana again where minimum wages is lower.
What streategy should be followed as nature of job is transferrable or temporary or contractual in nature for smaller period

From India, Delhi
Dear Manjay,
When the nature of jobs is such that the incumbents could be transferred pan-India basis, it would be ideal to have the wage structure designed on the highest side. Where some employees have to be deputed elsewhere for short spells of one or two months i.e., required to work for more than a single wage period, my personal view is that they can be paid at the prevailing rates of the State to which their jobs normally belong to for it is only a temporary arrangement necessitated by work exigencies and they would be certainly paid T.A and Daily Allowance for such duration outside their headquarters. On the contrary, if the deputation is for a longer duration which disentitles such employees their D.A beyond certain period, it has to be treated as transfer only in which case they have to be paid at the higher rates prevailing in their actual place of work.

From India, Salem
Thank you Mr Umakanthan for your valuable advice
From India, Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server