Asso.prof.(commerce & Management)

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi I'm Vinutha Raghu, Its been a month I joined a company and at the joining they asked for my original certificates and signed-up a contract stating that if I resign the company between this 2yrs I would have to pay one month salary.. Now due to some personal reason I'm planning to resign, My question is do I need to pay off to take my certificates back as I'm still on probation and it's just a month??
From India, Bangalore
Hi Vinutha,
Apparently you in the clutches of those guys to get back your certificates. This is an unfair labour practice withholding certificates of employees unlawfully coercing them from quitting. Ofcourse you can use an option of legal course to get back your certificates but I would suggest you not to get entangled in litigations during your early career. Especially there is also a bond signed which is still in force apart from being in probation period. Better settle the issue with one month salary and coolly get back your certificates and a clean relieving letter in order to pursue better career options. If it works, meet the concerned and press for early release & certificates explaining your difficulties in continuing. Give a try, exhaust all resources. All the best.

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™