Dear All,
In my organization some employees were absconded from job and since last 02 years neither reported back for clearance / full & final dues nor contacted us.
But as per my account book their full & final due to be paid to them.
Kindly suggest how to disburse such due in proper manor.
17th January 2019 From India
In certain States like Madhya Pradesh/Chhattisgarh, there is a provision in the Labour Welfare Fund Act to deposit unclaimed wages in the welfare fund. It will absolve the employer and if the employee later comes up with a claim, he can be told of the deposit and directed to approach them. Pl check for a similar provision.
17th January 2019 From India, Mumbai
Dear Naveen,
You can keep the unclaimed amount with the company for 3 years and during this period the employee doesn't turn around then send this unclaimed amount to The Welfare Commissioner, Labour Welfare Board.
While sending this amount by cheque, pls ensure that you are furnishing following details:
Sr. No. Emp. Code Name of Employee Designation Narration (Amount pertains to what Salary, Wages, Leave encashment, Bonus, OT Settlement etc. and payable for which period month/year) and finally amount.
Before sending the dues to the Welfare Commissioner, Please display the statement on the notice board with a request to existing employees to communicate the same to their colleagues who are in contacts with the ex-employees.
2. Send letters to employees to their residential addresses recorded with the company.
3. Send final settlements on their mail IDs and obtain Advance Stamped Receipt to enable you do transfer the amount to their bank accounts.
4. Adjust Notice period and or any recoverable amount from the settlement from the unpaid amount, if not done so.
5. Lastly if their bank accounts are operational, transfer the amount by NEFT where normally the employee was getting salary.
Hope this will release your tension.
19th January 2019 From India, Thane
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™