Management Consultancy
Insolvency N Gst Professional
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I am working as a Class 1 Govt. Officer for past seventeen years. I have no disciplinary proceedings against me. I am a permanent Govt. employee and also donot have a bond signed with Govt. Can i give resignation with 3 month's notice and does it require acceptance by the Govt. If the Govt. does not issue acceptance will i be compelled to continue.
From India, Kolkata
Please refer your departmental rules regarding voluntary exit. Resignation has to be accepted for it to be final and legal for getting all dues.
From India, Pune
Resignation is effective only when it is accepted. The employer, Government, in this case, can refuse to accept the resignation on administrative grounds like if you have been specially trained or if there are grounds for initiating disciplinary action etc. But normally resignation tendered with proper notice period is accepted in government sector without much of hassle if the aforesaid grounds of refusal are not attracted. If the authorities concerned refuse to accept or does not give a decision, you can knock on the doors of the respective High Court having jurisdiction under a writ petition.
From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™