No Tags Found!


I am contractor. I got a tender from Bhilai Steel Plant. The work require 7 labours per day. So do I need to get a licence from labour department (ALC office), as per my knowledge licence require for 20 or more labours. I am asking this question because my principle employer is asking for licence copy to fill Form VII (commencement of work).
My queries are:
1. Do I need to get a licence in this situation?
2. What I need to fill in the field licence number in Form VII (commencement of work)?

From India, Bhopal
Pan Singh Dangwal

Dear member,
I think it is not Form VII, it should be Form VIA & VI B, which a contractor need to submit to ALC regarding "Notice for commencement / completion of contract work".
These forms are applicable under Contract Labour (R&A) Central Rules.
The labour licence is not applicable to you.
But since this is Steel Plant, the PE may require to apply for RC or in order to update contractor's list in the existing RC. Hence they are asking the form from your company.
This is just an undertaking that you have commenced contract work at site.

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf 06a-Form-VI-A-Notice of Commencement-Completion of contract work.pdf (16.4 KB, 635 views)
File Type: pdf 06b-Form VI-B (Notice of Commencement of Contract Work).pdf (18.0 KB, 500 views)


Hi the form VII is format being used for the notice of the commencement/completion of contract work under CLRA Act (Central) submitted to ALC. Regards A.Jesu
From India , Madras

thanks for your valuable information.
From India, Warangal

Dear A.Jesu Please share new format of Form-VII for commencement/completion of contract work under CLRA Act (Central rules).
From India, Warangal
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.