Please find attached the Petroleum (Amendment) Rules, 2018 notified on 10.8.2018. Main amendments are as under:
1. Fee payable under the rules for various purposes increased. Fee payable to competent persons for inspection, testing and certification now specified under Part B of First Schedule. Fee other than licence fee now specified under Part C of First Schedule. Fees to be paid through banking channels only and not in cash.
2. Requirement of sending telegram to Chief Controller in case of fire or major leakage etc. has been deleted.
3. Tank testing certificate (Rule 126) and safety certificate (Rule 130) to be issued by competent person shall be filed online on PESO website.
4. Format for NOC to be issued by district authority specified. Licensing authority shall accept the NOC within 3 years of its issue.
5. Application for renewal of licence to be made within one year of its expiry failing which application for new licence will have to be made with NOC from district authority.
6. Licence to import and store petroleum in an installation (Form XV) minimum inter distance between storage tanks specified (For Class C 6 metres; Others 10 metres).
7. Form XVII being licence to store Petroleum Class A temporarily upto 50,000 litres for fuelling of aircrafts in connection with crop spraying work omitted.
From India, Malappuram
Please share distance details for underground storage tank.
From India, Thane
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.