I have resigned from my current employer and am expected to be relieved on 27 April 2018. For the financial year from April 2017 through March 2018, the total tax cut is Rs 42,252 while my tax liability is only Rs 32,551. This error is due to the Annual Incentive which I got paid in Jan 2018. For the last 2 months (Feb 2018 and March 2018) my current employer has not cut a single rupee as TDS. Now, during my full & final settlement in April 2018, I am demanding a return of Rs 9701 (42252 – 32551) from my current Employer because this TDS was erroneously deducted by them.
Am I correct in demanding these Rs 9701 from my current employer?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi Sagar,
If employer is deducted TDS, then they might have deposited with authority and they can't refund.
You can check your form 26AS, deduction details will appear in this form. You can file ITR return and claim the refund if any.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™