Labour Consultant
+2 Others

Thread Started by #Anonymous

Can the tuition fees will be claimed by the employee if his wife paid for their Children's tuition fees?
26th March 2018 From India, Mumbai
If as you say wife has paid tuition fees, ask her to claim it as part of Sec 80C
26th March 2018 From India, Pune
Dear Friend,
IT department cannot know whose money has been spent for the tuition fees, only thing you can do is ask employee to submit bills as he has paid.
If his wife is also engaged somewhere in employment, she needs to as well account for her excess salary beyond ceiling, in IT returns.
27th March 2018 From India, Hyderabad
Well ,IT exemption under section 80C can be claimed so far you have TF receipt for your child with your name in place of Father's name. Exemption can be claimed only by one of the spouse i.e either mother or Father.
27th March 2018 From India, Mumbai
What is your exact problem? Do you wish both of you should get tax exemption under Sec. 80C for same amount? Go ahead. Inquiry if any, from Tax Authority arises in future, face it.
Now, if your query is because your spouse has paid the Tuition Fees for your children but not falling under the taxable limit and you feel that you are just missing the opportunity to claim the tax benefit thru your income. In that case transfer the full amount of Tuition Fees to your spouse account on or before 31st March, 2018 and claim the benefit. You can make this transaction by cash withdrawal also and obtain her signature for money receipt, which will be genuine.
27th March 2018 From India, Thane
Then IT department may ask the wife source of income for making tuition fee payment.
How much is the amount involved?
27th March 2018 From India, Pune
Dear Friend,
The children belong to parents (husband & wife). The husband well can avail the benefit granted under IT, if wife is not a tax payer. If both are tax payers then anyone of them can claim for children's tuition fees.
28th March 2018 From India, Mumbai
Tax benefit can be claimed only by person incurring the expenditure.
28th March 2018 From India, Pune
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™