Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Principal Hr Consultant
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY
Hr & Ir
12th February 2018 From India, Salem
If conditions are unfavourable, employees will look for better pastures whatever grip you try to keep on them.
First of all ask yourself -why 3 month notice period?
Secondly see what your competitors are paying and their job conditions.
Solutions will emerge if company also sees their working environment and happiness quotient .
13th February 2018 From India, Pune
You and your team has to make a comprehensive study on issue of absconding from various angles from case to case basis. If you do so it is definite the reason/reasons will emerge and accordingly you place before the management with solution for a consideration. One thing that people leaving your organisation are being absorbed gives an understanding of brand value.
To tackle the issue take an 'Indeminity Bond' at the time of inducting staff into roll. If the alienating factors are removed will help in retaining staff well. Make the work place condition as a play ground to remove the boredom.
13th February 2018 From India, Mumbai
1. Attrition is an universal phenomenon. Every company faces it and in every company some people leave on short notice and pay for the not served notice period and some serve the notice period and go.
2. The latest trend with many organizations have been that they harass outgoing employee while serving notice period and such issues have been raised in this forum only. Some companies do harassment after leaving by not giving relieving letter and/or by not releasing the unpaid salary or releasing after prolonged harassment. Some companies make ex employee persona non grata. In many companies ex employees are treated with due respect. I have worked in couple of such companies where the senior leadership used to treat ex employees with respect.
3. Such atrocities by company is seen by other employees pf the company also and they jump out as and when the opportunity arises.
4. You have nowhere mentioned about behaviour of the management in these situations, how you have treated your people in the past. If you do serious introspection you will find that the first person guilty is the CEO, the second person guilty is The HR Head and the third person guilty is the Departmental Head.
5. If majority of the employees are behaving in the manner explained by you, you need to do serious introspection and also policies and behaviour of all the managers has to be checked with microscopic precision
13th February 2018 From India, Thane