Hr Consultant
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Team, Good evening, I need a clarification regarding final settlement of my EPF account.
Previous employer Joined date - 4-09-2013.
Previous employer date of leaving service - 26- 09-2017
Totally 4 years worked in previous employer.
Now i have joined with another employer in Oct 2017 and new PF account number also created and linked with old UAN number.
Now I need to close my old EPF account and get final settlement,
please help me out what is the procedure.

you can not file claim unless you reach 58+ or is unployed for 60+ days
as your UAN is linked with present employer, it is contributory right now, and claim can not be filed
you can opt for transfer of old company balance, by physical or electronic transfer claim

Dear Glidor,
Mr. Karthik has stated that both his first PF Account & present PF Account are linked to the same UAN.
Since UAN is same, why does he have to file a "transfer claim"?
Will not his old PF Account cease once the old employer exits him, and all his past and present contributions continue to accumulate under his UAN (because UAN has not changed)?
If employee has to still do all this fund transfer stuff... what is the meaning of UAN and the slogan ..."one UAN"

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™