If you want to increase production, mere knowledge of HR is not sufficient. You may go through the concepts of Production Management. Production is part of supply chain. Therefore, you need to understand your complete supply chain also.
From India, Bangalore
Learn the business very well, understand how the current production is functioning, spend a good time in learning and understanding the production process. Wlak and talk on the production floor with the workers floor for few days. Then, understand the current incentive scheme, who are the workers, how they are currently compensated. What are the factors, that motivate the workers?
In one of my company, we were able to reach optimum production targets just in 12 months time. We motivated and set small targets first, once they achieved those targets, we set slightly higher targets. Progressively, we were able to set higher targets, which had taken for the same factory in Malaysia and Spain.
Wish you good luck
From India, Madras
From Bulgaria, Sofia
As to your query regarding the role of HRM in increasing productivity, HR has to lead the tasks in increasing employee motivation and morale. There are various tools and techniques for it and it depends on the organisational diagnosis. Without understanding the details, it is not proper to suggest any specific measure. But a definite step HR has to take is in developing a proper Incentive Scheme for the unit.
From India, Mumbai
As HR Point of view we have several opportunity to increase the productivity as directly & indirectly too,
1. Zero Absenteeism or Reducing Absenteeism
2. Identifying Employees Skill Gaps and Full fill their skillgaps
3. Increase Training effectiveness with new concept like present production defects identifying solving and etc.
the above activities definitely will support Productivity.
Executive director - Human Resource.
From India, Bengaluru
From Bangladesh, Dhaka
First we [HR] has to understand the roll of Production in the respective organisation. Then the roll of Production Manager etc. as said in the above its a supply chain and interlink to various departments and factors. For your knowledge the below some knowing factors of Production management.
The production manager forms a very important and defining part of the organization structure of an engineering company. The responsibilities of a production manager can be summarized as follows.
1) Forecasting the requirements of the production in order to achieve the production target.
2) Making most efficient utilization of the available sources for production.
3) Minimizing ‘throughput time’ and ‘work in process inventory’. This can be achieved by systematic production planning and also by very efficient execution of the plans.
4) One of the most important responsibility of a production manager deals with reducing material handling cost, which generally is achieved by the use of efficient material handling system and also by using plant layouts which must be developed in a proper or correct way.
5) Reducing the quality cost with the help of analysis of non conformances on periodic basis and also by following suitable actions (both corrective and preventive).
6) Building team spirit among the workmen and also motivating by means of personal involvement. This task of motivation can also be achieved by designing and implementing suitable financial incentive schemes.
7) To device accurate methodology involving method study of manufacturing, along with the other engineering economic principles.
8 ) Improving the productivity level of the workers on continuous basis by workmen’s training and by bringing into use the standards of the performance derived from work measurement studies etc.
Dr. PBS KUMAR
From India, Kakinada
From India, undefined