Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
Welfare Officer
+1 Other

We have labour contractor and running contract of his name (proprietor) not firm with 400 labour. He(contractor) is died, what can we do regarding monthly payment against bill. can we pay his nominee ? Nominee was not decided before he died.
9th October 2017 From India, Rajkot
First & foremost pay wages & make statutory remittances on behalf of contractor. You can decide payment of remaining amount later on.
9th October 2017 From India, Mumbai
Dear Friend,
1. Since the contractor is dead, first of all pay the workmen their dues and then statutory dues. Find out the family and find out if he has surviving wife,daughter or son and talk to them and make them nominee depending upon the situation.
2. Please never give such huge contracts to individual, preference should be a company or partnership firm. It will save you many headaches. New contractor can engage these workmen also.
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR Consultant
11th October 2017 From India, Thane
Hi seniors,
I am SHAFIQ from PUNE and I want to start contract labour with 10 workman. If I get contract any factory if must be paid advanced any deposit or worker payment.
Please tell me process
22nd October 2017 From India, Pune
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™