Vidyadhar Bhat
Consultancy In Pf
Hr Executive
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Seniors,
I have query regarding PF transfer to new establishment.
1. Does 'form no 13' still required or providing UAN no. in new establishment or in other words continue same UAN no in new establishment will transfer PF A/c and amount contributed?
2. There is an option in "member UAN portal" for members to transfer old PF account to new PF account, is it necessary to follow this process or providing UAN in new company will work and transfer process will be done?
3. Does request of my PF transfer claim will be send to my previous employer, when I provide my previous establishment UAN to new one?
Thank you in advance
Gaurav Malhotra

dear Gaurav
1) firstly you need to apply for the transfer of old pf accumulation to new one by "member UAN portal" it is the best way to get transfer in no time.beside when you apply the format itself use to be in form 13.
2)yes,you need to follow the process on "member UAN portal" it simply expedite the process of transfer.on the other hand the new company will give you their new Pf A/c no, having there own state code/reginal code/ establishment code/provident fund no. and the whole process of the online you need to transfer after receiving the new one.
3)yes,request of transfer claim will be send to your previous employer,same will certify it and send one copy to the pf department for next proceeding.
further on doing so your old UAN will discard and new UAN which you get fron your new employer will get in effect.this things is happen because of only there is some glitches in EPFO newly introduced system.
(Sr.kindly correct if the interpretation is wrong)

Thank you for your response "ravibele".
But there is only one UAN no., current employer use same UAN no. of previous employer for contribution, and yes they have provided new PF no.
My query was when new employer use same UAN and provide new PF no., does my old PF no. which was already tagged with UAN will get transfer? If yes then do we need to file form 13 or login to "member portal" and file transfer claim?
Thank you

Dear Mr. Gaurav,
When you join new establishment, where PF is applicable, New employer will obtain form 11 from you, in that you will mention your previous UAN and other details.
On the basis of form 11, UAN will be linked with present establishment. KYC, Aadhar etc will be matched.
Hear not necessary form 13 to transfer of PF.
If it is exempted establishment for EPF, i.e. present establishment has own PF trust, here you have to send form 13 for transfer the PF from old establishment to PF Trust a/c. by linking UAN, EPS will be automatically transfer.
Same case from Exempted trust to RPFC, form 13 is required for transfer of EPF.
If in case, UAN not linked due to incorrect name / DOB or any other reason, new employer has to issue new UAN. You can fill form online for old UAN to new UAN.
If there is any old a/c without UAN, fill form 13 to transfer the PF .
Hope this is clear.
Vidyadhar Bhat

Thank you so much Vidyadhar Bhat, you clear my all doubts. :)
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™