Claiming Gratuity after 20 years - management reply to ALC filing? - CiteHR
Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Hr Manager In A Psu

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
A terminated employee has filed at the nearest ALC that he has not received Gratuity Amount from the Company. He has not submitted any relevant documents to ascertain whether his claim is valid. Seniors please give suggestions what will be the management reply in such case.
Your post is very vague. Before approaching the ALC with his claim for gratuity, had he not served a notice for gratuity on the management? Filing of documents is only to substantiate his claim and he can do it at the time of the enquiry by the Controlling Authority.First you give the particulars leading to his termination and the reasons for non-payment of gratuity.
Sir, his claim for gratuity on termination is after a span 27 years at the office of ALC... our office do not have any records whether he has claimed earlier or paid gratuity earlier.
Twenty seven years of delay! quite unimaginable! Just see to it whether he prayed the Controlling Authority to condone the delay citing appropriate reasons by way of an interlocutory application. Certainly it would be taken up for hearing first and file your objections against that application. Better engage an Advocate.
Thanks sir... for your advice and reflecting your wide experience... sir can management engage advocate before the Controlling authority(ALC).. The terminated employee has submitted form N citing no reasons of delay and also not submitted any documents such as termination order, payslip, id card & no valid documents to ascertain whether he was employee of this organization... sir pl advice how to tackle such situation..
Hi ,
Is the case registered under PG Act/ have received the case summons?
In case it is no and a call for of documents you cannot approach through a lawyer.
If yes then you can hire an advocate.
Venkata Vamsi Krishna

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™