Home Top New Follow Journal Login
Morning, Can you please give some advise.?
I have an employee that is in the last month of probation. She tore her ligaments and got booked off by the dr. The sick note said she could return back to work 6 Jul which was last week Thursday.
I haven't heard from her at all. I have no way of contacting her as her and her husband's phones has been stolen the previous week.
She is still not at the office and i don't know what to do?
Can you please assist?
From South Africa, Johannesburg
Dear Desire,
While recruiting the employee, you must have taken the CV from the employee. Has the home addressed been mentioned on the CV? If yes, then send the notice to her address.
Secondly, do you have sick note at hand? If yes, is it issued by the hospital? If yes, then has the telephone number been mentioned on the sick note? Call them and find out whether she is still taking treatment or her treatment was stopped long ago.
The incident shows that the employee may not be that serious towards her job. You may be tempted to remove her. However, before her removal, follow a proper legal procedure as prevalent in your country.
[i]Dinesh Divekar[/]
From India, Bangalore
Thanks Dinesh,
I have her home address. What notice must i send? Intent to dismiss, abscondent you have to return to work notice or warning notice?
I have a dr note but no nr or adres is on there. Just the dr MP nr and dr signature.
I'm also thinking that she is not really wanting to work anymore, but that is just my opinion.
From South Africa, Johannesburg
Dear Desire,
You may send her notice on her absence and further about the non-communication. Even for the medical reasons also, she needs to take prior approval for her absence. In these days of internet and e-mail and mobile, there is no reason for her to be uncommunicative. Write in the letter that if she does not report for her duty or if she fails to respond to your letter then severe disciplinary action will be taken against her. If you have her e-mail ID then send her the notice by e-mail also.
Dinesh Divekar
From India, Bangalore
thanks very much. I will do that. Unfortunately she doesn’t have a personal email address. but that doesn’t matter.
From South Africa, Johannesburg
Send some body to her residence to check the details, you will come to know the situation first hand.
From India, Thane
Reply Here Start New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Co™