I am working for an IT company and my gross salary is 50000. Notice period to serve in my company is 1 month. I kept my resignation on 19th May, 2017 and so the relieving date would be 18th June, 2017.
1) I was not aware that my last two days of notice period will be a weekend and was also not updated by the company. In last week they said my last date of working is 16th June. So I want to know if the company has to pay me salary for 17th and 18th June which are weekends or not?
2) I have 27 leaves that can be encashed and company said that as I am leaving on 16th, I will get full salary for June month and from 27 leaves 14 would be compensated against non working days of June and rest 13 leaves will be paid as salary of July month. I am not sure if this is the right way. If not then how should it be?
3) Company also said that leave encashment will have same parameter as salary processing but just on pro-rata basis. What does this mean?
4) Company also said that as I will get all dues in two months as salary i.e. for June and July they will be contributing in PF in July and August respectively. If company is encashing leaves in July as salary can they make PF contribution?
May be I sound bit confused but please help me to clear this one out.
Please find reply to your queries as below :
1. LWD mean last working day and as your LWD was 16th thus your company have considered it as 16th only.
2. Many company pay leave encashment only on basic but as if your company want to pay it on gross thus they want to process it as your normal salary.
3. did not understand your question.
4. YES, they can contribute to PF if they are processing it as your salary.
If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.