But, in order to achieve that, your engagement efforts have to be aligned with your overall business strategy. Implementing unplanned ideas and activities that you think might help, without monitoring or measuring their impact, is a waste of time and resources.
15 Employee Engagement activities
1. Involve employees in your business planning process
2. Create a knowledge sharing system
3. Encourage knowledge sharing in a creative way
4. Show them the money
5. Encourage and provide learning opportunities
6. Have a hack night
7. Create excitement about upcoming opportunities
8. Let them create their own onboarding experience
9. Make onboarding fun
10. Create your own internal magazine
12. The League of Extraordinary Managers
13. “I am my own hero”
14. Give back
Employee engagement is an organizational effort that requires a long-term vision in a business strategy context, if it is to improve productivity and retention rates.
You have to identify what your company needs and develop the right strategy. Only then should you focus on how to measure employee engagement and what activities to implement.