Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Harsh Kumar Mehta
Consultant In Labour Laws/hr
Retired Government Servant/advocate
+1 Other

Thread Started by #R Gayathri

He is around 65 years. Retired from Tamilnadu Government . Recently he got married second time. First wife also alive.Can a second wife get a family pension after his demise. If not, to whom his pension will go. I need clarity on this ground. Please clarify.
17th January 2017 From India, Chennai
What happened to the first marriage? whether the first wife was legally divorced? If not, whether the second marriage is permissible under his Personal Law?
19th January 2017 From India, Salem
Sir, Greetings and Thank you for your courtesy extended to me. Yes Sir , Second marriage is permissible under his personal Law. I kindly expect your reply at the earliest. Thanks and Regards.
21st January 2017 From India, Chennai
In that case, when more than one widow surviving the Pensioner, the family pension would be paid in equal parts to them. In case of their death, minor children would get till they become major.
21st January 2017 From India, Salem
1. Sir, in my opinion, main issue will be as to what Pension Rules are applicable in respect of employees of Tamil Nadu Govt.? and what is the provision relating to revision of Pension in respect of its retired employees.
2. It will also be important whether there is any restriction on Tamil Nadu employees regarding contracting 2nd marriage even when first spouse is there. .
22nd January 2017 From India, Noida
I think that the poster knows that her query comes under the TamilNadu Pension Rules,1978. Rule 49 deals with family pension. The second wife is eligible to claim equal part of family pension of the retiree after his death along with the first wife, if their marriage is permissible under the personal law of the Govt.servant.
22nd January 2017 From India, Salem
Can anyone guide me How to conduct enqiury (Inquiry Procedures) on the Sexual Harassment Cases ?
Procedure details includes No. of members in the enquiry panel, steps to conduct inquiry, etc.
I request You, Sirs, to reply as early as possible
Thanks and Regards
1st February 2017 From India, Chennai
The second query makes the things complex. It appears that you are reluctant to post all the relevant facts.
1st February 2017 From India, Kochi

How to conduct a enquiry of sexual harassment? In the first place the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013 must be applicable to the establishment. Secondly there must be an Internal Complaints Committee formed under the Act consisting of 4 persons, minimum 2 of them women, headed by a woman in the committee. The complaint of sexual harassment must be in writing. If not ICC must help the complainant woman to reduce her complaint in writing. A chargesheet must be issued to the Respondent against whom the complaint is. The enquiry must be conducted following the principles of natural justice as in case of any other enquiry. After the enquiry is over, ICC must come to a conclusion whether the Respondent is guilty or not. ICC must recommend to Employer whatever action to be taken. Employer must execute that recommendation. The Respondent or the Complainant Woman can go in appeal to the District Committee or Court.

Vibhakar Ramtirthkar.
2nd February 2017 From India, Pune
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™