Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network

two years ago I accidentally trespassed into a house in an inebriated state. It was an accident and they were independent houses and all the houses look exactly the same. since I was drunk the people in the house, who were bachelors, thought i was an intruder and started beating me up until my friends came and intervened. everything was calm and cool but i lost my cool and i went against the inhabitants of the house for beating me (i just shouted at them and i asked them to lodge a police complaint ; yeah, i know, it is my stupidity) so they lodged a complaint with the police.

the police took me to the police station and scolded me for being so irresponsible. after that i don't know what happened the inhabitants wrote something on a paper and i was asked to pay a fine of 1500 in the court. i was sent after spending around 1 hr in the police station and the next day i went to the court and paid the fine. the police there assured me that it was a petty case and nothing to worry at all.

currently am not working and am preparing for government competitive exams and the incident happened in chennai and now i live in hyderabad.

The police station which took me in was also not the place i used to live while i was in chennai.

sir my question is simple....

I don't know if there was an FIR...but let us assume there is one, so If I were to get selected in a government job or any other job for that matter, will this case jeopardize my career and my life?

thank u

From India, Hyderabad
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™