Kumaran Praveen
Birju HR
Hr Professional
[email protected]
Internal Auditor
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I am working in Pharmaceutical company in maharashtra, Since 10 March 2011 and i will releave on 9 Nov 2015. Here 6 working day in a week. So, i want to know that can i eligible for gratuity ?
From India, Hyderabad
Hi Buddy,
You have completed 4 years but in the current year you are unable (till your nov-9,2015) to fulfill the criteria of continuous service (240 days of working) as mentioned in gratuity act-1972, Hence you are not eligible for gratuity.
With regards
Mr.Thumbs Up

From India, Chennai
sorry you are not eligible for gratuity benefit because your service period is 4 years 8 months. As per act those who are having continuous service period of 5 or more than 5 years all are eligible
From India, Visakhapatnam
You will get gratuity if Bombay High Court has given any decision to the effect that working for 240 days in the 5th year will constitute five years continuous service under POG Act.
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Sir, When many of judgments said for 4 years and 240 days are consider as 5 years and that person is eligible for gratuity. Then why can’t i eligible please revert.
From India, Hyderabad
HI ,
I agree with you Sphatate you are elegible for Garatuity in your company as less than 4.6 year will be ignored and after completion of 4 years and more than 6 month will be consider as a year as per gratuity act .

From India, Bangalore
Sir, Please can u guide me in brief ? If my company refuse my request then what i want to do as next step.
From India, Hyderabad
As per the various judgements , 4 years and 240 days physical working days will be considered as 5 years continuous service and you are eligible for gratuity .
You can approach your employer for getting the gratuity.

From India, Bangalore
HI Sp Hatate I dont think so your company will refuse to do so as per Gratuity act . If in case it happen you may seek help from controlling authority I.e generally labour commissioner.
Hope this helps you .. :)
If any other option will be available please advice request to other senior Officers.

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™