How We Obtain Worker Canteen Hygenic Certificate Under Factories Act 1948 - CiteHR
Partner - Risk Management
Hr Consultant
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Respected sir i am currently working as a welfare officer in textile division. we did change new canteen contractor in our establishment so how we get worker canteen hygenic certificate.what is procedure and how we obtain please suggest me.
Greetings from ARMSS!!!
We have the expertise in labour laws of various states in India. ARMSS is probably the only integrated HR services provider, offering corporate customers an end to end solution.
Please help share your contact number to understand your requirement and help you out.

Please clarify under which act or provision are you wanting this certificate. I don’t recall any such requirements under factory act
There is no provision in the Factories Act for hygiene certificate to canteen workers.But your state factories rules will have provisions for periodic medical examination of canteen workers by certifying surgeon.Please go through it.
Varghese Mathew

Irrespective of the legal requirements, many companies now deem it fit to get hygiene monitoring done in their industrial canteens, cafeterias, food courts, to ensure food safety and thus welfare of its human resources. We are having the necessary accreditation as well as experience and expertise to extend necessary technical services. We have been doing this on a regular basis and many MNCs as well as Corporates have benefited from the same. This also helps them to have the necessary control on the Caterers and thereby ensure that good hygiene practices are being followed by them. This is also a good way to demonstrate to the employees about efforts of the management to care for their welfare. Besides, "It's better to be safe than sorry" is a proverbial truth Please feel free to write to me at or call me on 09167232007.
R. S. Patwardhan

There is no legal requirement as of now, but it is good to have the hygiene audit done by a third party wherein they certify. We use to get the audit done by M/s. Johnson Diversify Ltd who are into Kitchen Wash and hygiene supplies (HLL) product.
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™