Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
One of my friend, who received his salary for the month of April 2014 of X amount (for eg. 20000/-). In his salary slip Rs 20000/- was mentioned but in his bank cheque he received 19000/-. he never noticed(unfortunately) that and given to relative to deposit the same in the in the month of September, he somehow realized there is a discrepancy in both. he spoke to his account personnel and they advised him that he has used excess internet data card which was provided to him by the employer. At the time of receiving the internet data card it was not mentioned anywhere about usage limit in a month. So they have deducted the excess amount of Rs 1000/- from his salary/
So can he ask for the rest of the amount?? Or is there any time limit to reclaim his actual salary???

From India, Gurgaon
No it is wrong. Actually the amount mentioned in the pay slip should deposited in to the bank account, if the management wants to deduct Rs.1000/- towards the excess internet usage then it is to be mentioned clearly in the deductions column, reduce to that extent show the actual amount and pay.
The employee has every right to demand for the amount mentioned in the pay slip or ask for an authorized deduction slip failing which the employee can raise a dispute.
Regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
Hi Kamesh,
Thanks. If the employer wants to show in the salary slip then in which column they can show that amount. As per the salary slip format issued to my friend office, under deduction column below points are mentioned:-
1) PF, 2) ESI, 3) PWF , 4) TDS.
Kindly advise the same.

From India, Gurgaon
The salary discrepancy was in April and you realised in September ?
That's a very long time.
You do not come under payment of wages act since your salary exceeds ₹18000 per month. So, you have 2 ways of raising the problem. One is to go to,hr and explain that there was a wrong deduction (which hr has already refuted). The other is to raise a dispute under industrial dispute act. If you have a grievance redressal committee, that would be the best forum. Also check the standing orders (if applicable) for any rules that cover this particular case.
It is a difficult thing to fight at this stage, specially as you want to stay on in this company. Best option is to go to your manager and tell him that you think this is unfair deduction as no one informed you either of the limit, or of the deduction it's self, and that the card was used for office work only. Perhaps he will speak to hr and get it corrected and refunded

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™