I have accepted an offer as a restaurant chef and my package is decided at Rs1lac / month however in addition to this I get a variable amount of service charge (approx 10,000) per month. Since I am not very knowledgeable about the best way my salary slip can be made I would much appreciate if someone could. My Employer / owner is very flexible in modifying the structure of my salary slip to my benefit but it must stand true.
From India
Hi.. let me know,Do you have any Statutory deductions like ESI,PF,PT..???
From India, Hyderabad
HI, Annual Monthly 120000 10000 Basic 60000 5000 Hra 24000 2000 Conveyance 9600 800 Variable Pay 26400 2200 Net Pay 120000 10000
From India, Hyderabad
Yes the statutary deductions that apply are -PF -Professional tax
From India
The following statutory deductions apply: -PF -Professional tax
From India
HI, You Need structur for 12lakh CTC per anum or 110000 gross per month ..
From India, Hyderabad
Hi, Please find attached salary break up for 12lakhs per anum and 110000 per month...
From India, Hyderabad

Attached Files
File Type: xls salary breakup.xls (18.0 KB, 609 views)

The structure seems to be OK. You can request them to include the following components to save I.T. to some extent.
1. Edu. Allowance - 2400/- P.a. (2 children) - Proofs to be produced.
2. Telephone Reimbursement/Allowance
3. Uniform Allowance - Since you are in hospitality industry
4. Washing Allowance
5. Food coupons - 2500/- p.m. if they have tie-up with Sodexo/Accor

From India, Lucknow
Do you think the attached salary structure makes sense?
My company accounts department however has these salary breakups:
Basic- 20,000
Special Allowance-5,000
Medical Allowance- 7,000
Child Education allowance-4,000

From India

Attached Files
File Type: xls tax break up.xls (31.5 KB, 278 views)

Hi Rohit,
I don't think this is a good break-up. You should probably consider keeping basic pay at about 50% of total gross.
Reduce Conveyance to about 800 per month. Any amount above 800 is any-way taxable.
Medical allowance should be 15K per year (1250 per month).
Increase your HRA to be 60% of basic. This would help you a lot in reducing income tax if you stay in a rented apartment/house.
Let me know if you need more information.

From India, Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server