also called as KPA or Key Performance Area.In our org we have divided the whole year into 4 quarters.In KPA we give blank format to an employee to fill it up what he plans to achieve in the coming quarter,filled forms reached to HR deptt,and again after completion of this that Particular Quarter,the filled photocopy forms are given back to respective employee,and he is asked to evelaute his performance on the basis of Scores x Weigthage.
Same thing is reviewed by the Appraisial Authoriyty,and final monrtary benefit is given on the basis of scores.
If scores are between 90-100% - % of apraised Amount. Its company policy how much they go for appraised amont.
From India, Delhi
This my first mail in this forum and you have raised a question which has been very close to me . The very importance of learning is to first underatnd fundamentals and than through the journey of experience gain the skills to customize the fundamental concepts as per objectives :
KPA : Key Performance Areas are set of activity for which you are responsible or you can say your general responsibilities which covers almost all areas of your activity and they do not form a part of measurement for performance . They are mostly fixed
KRA : Key Result Areas on other hand are set activity derived out of short term objectives . It may change from quarter / half yearly or yearly . KRA should be focussed and it should follow SMART (Specific/ Measurable/ Achievable / Relevant & timer bound)
The major difference between KPA and KRA is that KPA can be shared but KRA cannot be shared . In otherwords Responsibilities can be shared while accountabilities cannot be shared .
Process of identifying KRA :
In our organization KRA is a part of PMS (Performance Management System ) which also linked to Appraisal Process :
1) It starts with a KRA format which includes KRA Indetified / Objective / Completion date /Review Date / Reviewed by / Remarks
2) The KRA is forwarded to the concerned HOD in the month of March every year once the business plan is over and KRA is derived in accordance with the business objectives for different Positions
3) The HR has to facilitate his/her support along with concerned HOD to identify the KRAs and duly take signature from the concerned HOD and the Subordinate for a reason that both have agreed upon.
4) Once the KRA is derived a copy through mail is being forwarded to the concerned and once the date of review comes , HR has to intervene to understand the outcome of the performance review to put his / her comments on the Appraisal as per performnce reviewed on the KRAs
5) All the KRA is integrated to Appraisal form .
KRA is one of the most important tool in the total process of Performance Management System which facilitate a perfect communication platform to review and measure performance level .
I am attaching KRA Format and the Appraisal Form which is very simple and customized as per our Organization needs and objectives for your better understanding .
From India, Kochi
This will help in objective performance appraisal.
FOR A TEACHER, STUDENTS' PERFORMANCE IS AN IMPORTANT KRA
Type the keyword, for which you have a query, the answers will be displayed.
Still if you are unable to get the answer, then post it,,,
Please never loose patience once you have posted it,, give members time to reply,,,,
In CiteHR you will get A to Z information on HRů..
Kindly click on the following link, it will give you some required information,
Pls let me know was this information useful,,
If not let me try out more & give information,,,,
M. Peer Mohamed Sardhar
From India, Coimbatore