Is there a way to transfer Pension Fund from previous employer to the current employer? In all my previous PF transfers, i've received only
the PF amount. I am not sure where do they keep that pension amount. Any help on the following points will greatly appreciated.
i) Can we really transfer the Pension fund from one account to another?
ii) In case if the PF account was settled long back, are we still eligible to withdraw/transfer our pension fund associated with that PF account?
iii) Can somebody please help me with process of withdrawal/transfer Pension fund( like different forms)
Thanks in advance!!!

From India, Noida
Once the PF is transferred, the EPS is also automatically transferred. Pon
From India, Lucknow
But the PF passbook doesn’t show that EPS numbers. it’s only shows the PF amount which got transferred. Is there a way to cross check if its done or not?
From India, Noida
Hello Divesh,
You have not mentioned period of your service in the organisation. If your service was more than 10 years in the organisation, the pension fund is retained by the EPFO. In liue of that retained fund, the EPFO issued a pension certificate to the member, which is submitted when the member is eligible for pension.
If u opted to transfer the EPF from previous employer to current employer the pension fund is also transferred.
In some cases the pension fund also retain, if u willing to accept Scheme Certificates in lieu of Withdrawal Benefits (S. No. 8, Form 10-C).
U can ask ur organisation to give u the acknowledgement of PF form submitted and accordingly u can approach to PF authorities for ur querries. The various pf forms are available of EPFO website.
All above is based on my experience with PF Office.
Hello seniors and experienced members, pls upgrade the issue if i m wrong.

From India, Delhi
Thanks Sir.
Duration of service was less 3 years so not sure if I am really eligible for Pension certificate. In case if somebodies apply it only , how can check for Pension funds. Do I need to go PF office to know the status?

From India, Noida
Yes u can approach to PF authorities, first ask ur organisation to provide u the acknowledgement vide which ur PF form was submitted to PF office. If d PF office in some other state, u can send ur querry thru POST, better to send thru Registered POST.
Draft a letter and attach the acknowledgement copy.
If u can personally visit the PF office, pls go personally. In every PF office, there is a PRO who entertains public grievences and put to the right concerned person (who is taking care of ur organisation's EPF settlements.)

From India, Delhi
Under the Employees Pension Scheme [EPS], a member is eligible to get pension only when he completes atleast 10 years of eligible service [Para 12 of EPS]. Another condition is that a member can get pension only after attaining the age of 58 years.

Therefore, the question arises what will happen to his contributions to the EPS if he leaves a job without completing 10 years [that is without contributing to the EPS for atleast 10 years]?

This is answered in Para 14 of EPS: If a member has not rendered the eligible service on the date of exit, or on attaining 58 years of age whichever is earlier, he/she shall be entitled to a withdrawal benefit as laid down in Table 'D' or may opt to receive the scheme certificate provided on the date he/she has not attained the 58 years of age.

The withdrawal benefit amount mentioned in Table D will not be the actual contribution made by the member to the fund. It will be much less. Therefore, it is better to opt for the Scheme Certificate. As and when a member quits one job after another, he can go on collecting the Scheme Certificates, which will mention the pensionable service rendered by him. It all can be added finally to get pension.

Therefore, there is actually no transfer of pension fund/account similar to EPF. It is only a certificate you get, in lieu, because the fund is centrally managed for better returns.

There is also no separate account number for the pension account. The EPF number holds good for EPS also. [Para 23 of EPS].

This is the rule position. As far as your case is concerned, if you have not got your scheme certificate so far, please apply for the same through the employer through whom you made contribution to the EPS for the period concerned.

From India, Madras
One need not wait upto 58 yrs if their service is less than 10 yrs. I worked in a reputed company for 9 yrs and one month. I got back the EPS deductions within 2 months from EPFO (mentioning I am no longer employed).

From India, Lucknow

Dear Divesh,
Plz. note that, the a/c number of a member for EPF & EPS is always same.
If you want to transfer your Pension Fund to any new a/c, then plz. note that only pension fund will not transferred, the EPF Fund will also got transfer with it. But, if you want to withdraw your EPF Fund and want to transfer EPS Fund, then it is not possible. As once the a/c will settled, it will settled completely. So, you can withdraw the EPF Fund and can claim for EPS Certificate.
As your service is of only 3 years, you can fill Form 10C & 19 for the withdrawal. If you want to take scheme certificate, then you can opt for the same in Form- 10C.
For checking the Pension Fund, you can check your EPF Member Passbook. It also contain Pension Fund Details in the last column.
Hope this information will be helpful to you.

From India, Delhi
Hi Arya, The account Nos. of PF & EPS differ for the members who are in PF private Trust. This is for your info. Pon
From India, Lucknow

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server