Hi , plz suggest some interview questions which will come for the post of generalist profile and specially for Statutory Compliance and Payroll
From India, Bhubaneswar
Dear monaish
HR Generalist means He should Involve in all function of HR
just i wil display very few question
1.what are the terms involed in salary process?
2.pf contribution full details like admin charges
3.what is mean by EDLI
4.PF AND ESI return date
5.How to claim PF
6.how to transfer Pf a/c one company to another
7.contractor labour norm
8.what are the statutory document we should maintain in the office
9. recruitment policy
10.how to do portal search like nakuri
All the best dear
If you have any doubt means you may mail this id

From India, Chennai
For compliance they will ask you PF Employee & Employer Contribution details they will also ask you in briefly about PF like whats the pension amount wat the limit of pension in How many years you can withdraw pension etc. secondly they will ask you about ESIC Contribution ESIC limits benefits etc. then they will ask you about PT & MLWF lyk due dates contribution amount limits etc. they can also ask about PF & ESIC forms lyk for withdrawing PF amt which form you have to submit etc. How you will calculate OT.New joined employees documentation formalities etc.

From India
1. PF Employee Contribution from basic & DA 12% AND Employer Contribution from Basic & DA 13.61% total amount is 25.61% has to pay by employer, before 15th of every month.
2. If you continue your PF amount for 10 years, you are eligible for getting pension after 58th age.
3.ESI Employee Contribution from Gross 1.75% AND Employer Contribution from Gross 4.75% total amount is 6.5% has to pay by employer, before 21st of every month.
4. PT has to pay as per your panchayat division of village.
5. PF withdraw form19D, Pension form 10C
Manikandan R
HR Statutory Complaince

From India
Dear Monalisha
Greetings of the day !!!!
You please concentrate on the Acts and laws of the land. Specially
Contract Labour (R & A) Act 1970/1971 and Rules,
Minimum wages Act 1948,
Payment of Wages Act 1936,
Employees’ State Insurance Act , 1948, Rules and Regulations ,
Employees’ Provident Funds & MP Act, 1952.
Payment of Bonus Act 1965 & Rules,
Factories Act 1948,
Latest revision in minimum wages , Standing Order if available.
What are the Registers to be maintained?

From India, Kolkata
Dear Monalisha,

I can understand how mess up anyone feels after so much to study about Statutory Compliance...

I would like you to segregate things into two different parts i.e. Technical & Subjective

Few of the seniors & peers have already mentioned about Labour Laws & Acts but its not easy to remember everything on finger tips.

Do Study acts on following parameters :

Subjective Aspects :

- Scope

- Objective

- Coverage

- Amendments

- Penalties

Technical Aspects :

- Forms & Registers to maintain ( Specifically Incorporation/nomination Form, Benefit entitlement Form, Withdraw of benefit forms)

- Calculation formulas

- Contributions

- Ceilings

- TATs ( Turn Around Times)

- Dates of Challan & other form submissions

- Report any incidence to whom i.e Commissioner, Inspector

- Entitlement period ( How much time required to get benefit)

You need to focus on few periodically changing points like last change in minimum wages, any change in ceiling etc.

I found following Acts & laws practically most useful till now :

- Employee Provident Fund Act

- Employee State Insurance Act

- Workmen Compensation Act

- Shop & Establishment Act

- Factory Act

- Payment of Bonus Act

- Minimum Wages Act

- Contract Labour Regulation & Abolition Act

Thanks & regards,

Manish Gupta


From India, Ghaziabad
Ms. Monalisha2012,
Many have replied to your queries and those are very much in line in an interview process. I have nothing more on this subject and honestly, I do not want to burden you with further Legal Complicacies and jargons. I would rather tell you about Expectations of an Interviewer when you are sitting across the table.
For me and many others an Interviewee (not a fresher) should not be dragged on the subject but be asked only titbits of essentials and be switched over to "Career Projection" and "Test for Attitude".
If you are preparing for Interview, take cover-up as said.

From India, Pune

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Com™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server