Dear Seniors.
Have put in more than two decades in an organization. quit about 4 years back.
1 ) Had not been receiving PF statement regularly. Have now been asking for the PF account number The response is employee number is the number. Have tried to log in epfo.nic site to verify status. Does not work. Do not know the exact quantum.
2 ) Another response from them is that I can not withdraw my Pension fund under EPF 95. I can only get early pension at 50 or at superannuation at age 58.

I am currently 48 . Can I not withdraw the pension fund , which is substantial. I am unemployed since 4 years and have to pay for my chidren ( 2 ) education.
Seek seniors guidance.
Warm Regards
4th October 2013 From India, Bhopal

Dear sir,
As you have not competed 50 years age, as such you are neither entitled for pension nor you can withdraw the pension amount. You might have got the Scheme Certificate .however if you are working in some other covered estt, you must get the past service benefits transferred to new estt so as to have the continuity of entire service.
There must be account no. In any of your Pay Slip, if recd. otherwise ask your HR in charge to give your exact member account no.
You may contact RPPC / PRO of Your neatest P F office for any help.or can get details on phone to them.
Chandok AK
RPFC ( Retd.)
<link no longer exists - removed>
4th October 2013 From India, Chandigarh
Dear Mr. Chandok,
I appreciate your valuable quick response ,
Had mentioned the same the same at CEPFO and DARPG. Both reverted back with response, please provide PF account number. wonder why organizations want the withdrawl form filled up , without employee verifying the status ?
Regarding EPF - 95 , that amount can never be withdrawn at all ? there was that withdrawl option available earlier. Am I only entitled for pension. Or are there any conditions under which withdrawl facility is available ?
Thanking you once again. Look forward to hearing you on the above.
Warm Regards.
4th October 2013 From India, Bhopal

Since you have put in more than 10 years of service and are contributing to PF for more than 10 years you cannot withdraw the amount and you are eligible only for pension at the age of 58 years. However you can opt for reduced pension on attaining the age of 50 years. However, for every year short of 58 years, 4% of pension amount will be reduced from the eligible pension.

It is surprising to note that you are contributing to PF for more than decade and still do not know the PF account number. You must have received the annual statement atleast once. Look for it. If you don't get you can personally go either to your company or to the Pf office where the account is maintained, explain your position and get your number. You have not stated whether you have got back the PF amount.

Since you have stated that you are not employed for the last 4 years, the Pf amount will not fetch you interest from 1.4.2011. If you have not withdrawn the PF amount and if you are not employed any where apply it through your ex-employer


5th October 2013 From India, Vellore
Pl.reply to the query raised by Pradheep ji. Contact RPFC if your estt. Is closed or not responding if working. Chandok
5th October 2013 From India, Chandigarh
Sir, I have not raised any query. I have just reply to the query raised by one of the member Regards Pradheep
6th October 2013 From India, Vellore
Thank you all for responding. I have understood the Pension fund part. Now , I respond to the query.
1) Have contacted the RPFO. Their response , this is an exempted establishment. Please contact the trustees.
Are exempted est, not submitting details of the contribution on a monthly / year;ly basis to the RPFO.
2) No , I have not withdrawn the PF amount for personal reasons. Intent to do now. The organization has not been sending the annual statement for last many years , had raised up the issue, but was always responded with silence.
Seniors , Kindly advise on # 1 raised by me. Who is the controlling authority , wrt the details of the exempted est. Can RPFO absolve itself of the responsibility of monitoring the submissions.
18th November 2013 From India, Bhopal
Dear Dr. Sb , Kindly throw your valuable input on my response to your post. Warm Regards.
18th November 2013 From India, Bhopal
Please login to participate in this discussion. Discuss problems, ideas, solutions with industry peers. Stay up-to-date with what's new and what's happening in the industry. Create Account (No Registration Charges)

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network